Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position will manage the development and implementation of Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems for the Hatching Hope Kenya project. A strong emphasis is on data collection, integrity, data analysis, reporting and dissemination to key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, self-driven and has strong leadership skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Implement monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for HHK Project. (30%)
- Collect and manage data to support needs assessment, HHK project logical framework design/Review and target setting, and progress management.
- Conduct and manage project baseline, and monitor project progress, annual surveys, Living income validation and evaluations as per M&E plan.
- Ensure the effective implementation of MELS policies, procedures and guidelines for HHK project.
- Ensure proper use of available digital tools and technology for effectively managing MELS activities.
- Provide support to implement partners in preparing their MELS plans, and in using digital tools for data collection and management.
- Support Heifer wide research for Learning when needed.
- Document success stories and case studies
- Elevate MELS related challenges to Project Manager for coordination with Director of Programs, PME manager and Country Director to find timely solutions.
Contribute to HHK program effectiveness: design monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for HHK Project (20%).
- • Design monitoring and evaluation plan incorporating core standard indicators defined by HHK Project and set targets for indicators.
- • Create indicator reference sheet for all indicators.
- • Design Monitoring and reporting tools for the project
- • Develop the projects Results Framework & logical framework for HHK.
- • Design data collection tools, plans and processes for all required information, ensuring high quality and integrity of data.
- • Review and adjust M&E plans and targets, tools and processes periodically.
- • Ensure alignment of HHK M&E plans and procedures with organization’s (Heifer and Cargill) standards and requirements.
- • Support development of a MELS budget for HHK project.
- • Assist in networking with other development organizations, governments and other line agencies in promoting Heifer’s and Cargill’s development model/initiatives, and potential collaborations.
Data management, analysis and utilization for learning. (20%)
Summarize/ aggregate data at County/FOAB level and contribute to organization-wide aggregation.
Manage all data properly in clean form, and analyze to use for project management, learning and meet all the reporting needs.
Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
Respond to periodic donor and Nairobi office requests for additional information on project activities and results.
Document lessons learned, successes, failures and best practices via case studies.
Develop and monitor HHK project level action agenda to ensure that they are refined and acted upon.
Conduct Data Quality Assessment (DQA) and oversee implementation of DQA recommendations
Capacity Development (20%).
- Equip program, Distributors and FOAB staff with skills to deliver MELS activities efficiently.
- Orient and build Heifer, Cargill and implementing partners capacity in MELS activities including proper record keeping and data management.
- Supervise and manage supporting staff for efficient work and maintaining compliance.
- Provide coaching and training to equip staff to deliver the assigned responsibilities efficiently.
- Contribute in the recruitment, training and supervision of external parties that are contracted to implement special surveys and studies required for evaluating project effects and impacts for HHK.
E. Fundraising (10%).
- Support the development of concept notes, project proposals, and submission to potential donors. • Support research and evaluation initiatives in specific HHK Counties.
- Assist in networking with other development organizations, governments and other line agencies in promoting Heifer’s and Cargill’s development model/initiatives, and potential collaborations.
Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in project planning, Monitoring and Management, Economics and/or Statistics, or an equivalent with an academic focus on monitoring and evaluation or another related field.
- Minimum of three (4) years of direct relevant experience in MELS.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with international donors and grantees on PME/MLE systems.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs in the region.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys and impact monitoring.
- Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
- Knowledge of market systems interventions and linkages to poverty alleviation.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Strong knowledge and skills in data management and analysis using statistical software’s (eg. STATA, SPSS, SAS, Eviews, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with ICT.
- Ability to work in a team.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to understand, appreciate and implement Heifer’s Values-Based Holistic Community Development model.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MEL concepts clearly with leadership, partners, and staff at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to assign and review the work of direct reports and to use participatory management skills with junior and senior staff.
- Proven team leadership and supervisory skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.