Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence-generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of over 150 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world.
About the Associate Program
IDinsight Associates are high-performing early-career professionals passionate to experience the front-line realities of evidence-based policymaking. The Associate program provides a rich, varied experience with responsibilities ranging from partner interactions, in-depth statistical/econometric analysis, field team management, remote project work, and internal team building. We seek smart, resilient and team-oriented individuals who – in addition to developing professional and technical skills – are highly motivated to grapple with the difficulties and unpredictability of trying to improve lives at scale.
Examples of recent Associate workstreams include:
- Embedding in African and Indian governments to enhance evidence-based decision-making capabilities
- Building data visualization tools for the flagship anti-poverty programs of India’s national government
- Helping design and coordinate a randomized trial for an income enhancement program in East Africa for one of the world’s first development impact bond
- Building data dashboards to manage IDinsight’s global enterprise
- Coordinating the writing of a white paper on how impact measurement projects can most effectively improve international development programs
- Managing a survey of 10,000 households in rural Nigeria for a randomized controlled trial designed to improve infant immunization uptake
- Analyzing data from IDinsight’s recruitment processes for our Global Operations team
- Building a monitoring system for a maternal and infant health non-profit in southern India
- Supporting implementation of evidence-based agricultural intervention in rural Zambia
- Designing and leading training for new measurement guidelines for a major international foundation
- Coordinating impact evaluations with agribusinesses in Ethiopia, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, and Uganda
- Helping establish a new regional office and develop IDinsight’s Southeast Asia regional strategy.
Associates learn professional, technical and life skills while working on some of the world’s most critical problems. No two Associate experiences are the same. Some work deeply on one project for their entire program commitment, while others work across a variety of projects. Workstreams can immerse Associates in remote, front-line program contexts, deep statistical analyses, and/or high-level, strategic interactions. The Associate role is not a typical “9-5” job, but one that yields rich professional and personal rewards. Beyond the two-year Associate program, many IDinsighters are invited and choose to progress to more senior levels with IDinsight.
Skill and career development are core to IDinsight’s values and long-term impact strategy, and have been noted highlights of the Associate experience. Associates receive significant mentorship from IDinsight leadership, support from talented peers, and are given considerable autonomy when ready. Associates maintain professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen a variety of skills. Real-time feedback is embedded in our culture and formal, structured enable maximum professional growth.
The Associate program has prepared alums for outstanding educational and professional paths. Associates have progressed to IDinsight leadership roles, and joined leading private and non-profit institutions, such as Bain & Company, Burn, Lyft, McKinsey and Company, and One Acre Fund. Alumni have also enrolled in graduate programs including Duke Sanford School of Public Policy Doctoral program, Harvard Business School, Harvard Kennedy School, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics, MIT Sloan School of Management, Princeton Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, UCSF Medical School, and Yale Law School.
- Deeply passionate about global development and improving lives in disadvantaged populations
- Open-minded self-starter who will thrive while tackling new, unusual and unpredictable challenges
- Exceptional analytical/quantitative skills – can quickly build skills with statistical software like Stata
- Excellent interpersonal skills – can effectively engage with stakeholders ranging from school children to senior government officials
- 0-4 years work experience, preferably in developing country settings
- Dedication to organization and culture building
- A true team player eager to contribute to organization and culture building
- Willingness to travel for extended periods of time, including to remote and rural areas
- Leadership or entrepreneurial experience
- Intellectual curiosity and a sense of humor
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree
Candidates may be considered for other available roles based on experience and qualifications.
Associate positions will be based in Kenya (Nairobi), Senegal (Dakar), and Zambia (Lusaka) with possible significant regional travel depending on project needs and organizational expansion.
IDinsight sponsors employment visas for all nationalities in our non-U.S. offices; however, we will prioritize candidates with local work authorization in Kenya, Senegal, and Zambia.
Salary and benefits competitive with comparable roles.
Nuts and bolts
We are currently building an application pool with candidate profiles for potential future hires. Once we confirm that we are ready to hire, we will proceed with formal hiring processes. Candidates may be interviewed before official openings are available in order for IDinsight to meet qualified candidates in preparation for future openings.
Deadline is 28th March,2021.