Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDICAL SPECIALIST (OBS & GYNAE), JOB GROUP KNH5 (1 POST
Reporting to the Chief Medical Specialist/Head of Department, the Medical Specialist (OBS & GYNAE ) will be expected to take full responsibility for patients under his/her care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviewing patients and instructing in writing all the recommendations;
- Undertaking “First-on-Call” duties including clerking, investigating and managing patients;
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days;
- Training, supervising and mentoring Medical Officers, Medical Intern and other students;
- Performing emergency surgeries.
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms, court attendance and performing post mortems.
- Undertaking medical examinations and preparing Medical Board Proceedings.
- Carrying out community diagnosis, care and treatment;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit of the customer and service provider;
- Conducting disease surveillance, prevention and control;
- Carrying out health education and promotion; and
- Preparing medical reports.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in OBS & GYNAE or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) degree from a recognized institution by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Sub specialization in the relevant clinical disciplines or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Specialist recognition in OBS & GYNAE from the Medical Practitioners’ and Dentist Board
- A minimum period of eight (8) years’relevant work experience, three of which should have been at the level of Senior Medical Officer or comparable position.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board register.
- Professional Indemnity Cover.
- Evidence in knowledge and proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya,2010
Method of Application
All those Interested in the above positions and meet the minimum requirements are requested to download and fill the application form available at KNH Website http://www.knh.or.ke. The application form together with a detailed C.V indicating qualifications, experience, current responsibilities, copies of testimonials and certificates must be submitted on or 13th April 2021 to the address below:-
The Chief Executive Officer
Kenyatta National Hospital
P.O Box 20723-00202
“Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply”.
(a) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and must present the following documents during the interview:-
• A certificate of good conduct from the National Police Service
• EACC Clearance
• Credit Reference Bureau Clearance
• HELB Compliance
• KRA Tax Compliance
“Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification”.