Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Research Assistant – REF: KNCHR/ADM/RO/02/2021
Reports To: Head of IPICC Secretariat
Duration: 8 months
Duty Station: Nairobi with occasional travel
Gross Salary: Kshs. 89,278.33
This position is responsible for assisting the Intersex Persons Implementation Coordination Committee (IPICC) in the management of data, communication on prioritized strategies and plans for the implementation of the recommendations of the task force on policy, legal, institutional and administrative reforms regarding Intersex Persons in Kenya.
- Daily record keeping and updating of accurate information on Intersex persons both electronically and physical filing of documents.
- Maintaining of accurate and verifiable data on Intersex persons.
- Assist in the facilitation of the recognition of intersex persons in the law.
- Assist in the promotion of continuous and targeted awareness to the general public and all stakeholders.
- Assist in the formulation specialized programmes to include intersex person’s care and protection in health facilities to facilitate their access to the highest attainable standard of health.
- Assist in the review and introduction of professional development training curriculum for continuous training and sensitization to include intersex.
- Assist in the development and review of social protection mechanisms to ensure realization of social, economic and legal protections for intersex persons and safeguard against violations on the basis of their ‘I’ marker
- Responding to correspondences that relate to the implementation of the IPICC recommendation.
Skills, Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- Diploma in social sciences, records management or any relevant field.
- One Year’ experience in a similar role.
- Experience in working on projects focusing on minority groups will be an added advantage.
- Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information in the application.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Qualified Intersex persons are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Only shortlisted candidates will be advised to submit clearance certificates from the various institutions.
Method of application
If you possess the above qualifications, please submit a clear application letter, a complete and updated Curriculum Vitae that includes your valid contacts and a copy of national ID electronically through email@example.com by 5th April 2021 indicating the correct title and reference number as the subject of the email to:
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights,
P. O. Box 74359 – 00200