Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
COMMUNICATIONS SUPPORT OFFICER (REF: ACT/CSO/02/2021)
The Communications Support Officer (CSO) will provide communications support to the communication function under the leadership of the Communications Manager charged with providing timely and effective advice and guidance on all internal and communication needs of the organization. The communications support officer contributes to the implementation of communications strategies and plans for Act! by ensuring that the right communications resources are sought, developed and distributed to the relevant audiences. The role will contribute to the building of a progressive communications culture that supports Act!’s organizational strategy on creating an integrated organization with a strong brand identity, shared across all staff and programs.
Qualifications, Experience & Personal Requirements
The minimum required academic and professional skills for the jobholder to perform successfully in their job are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism or related field.
Experience in years and indicate level of experience
- At least 3 years’ substantive experience in development communications.
- Experience in managing donor related (USAID or other) program communications will be an added advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Strong analytical, editorial and report writing skills as well as excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to travel extensively within the country, work extended periods in the field and interact effectively with partners and willingness to learn new approaches.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and multicultural environment and with partners at all levels
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge in photography and videography including editing skills are added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop) are added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements as contained in the job description, please submit (1) a detailed and current CV; (2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your current/last gross salary and three referees including their most current contact details. All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com quoting the reference number (ACT/CSO/02/2021) and the position on the e-mail subject headline.