Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Introduction of the Corporation
The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading African reinsurance company with headquarters in Lagos (Nigeria). Africa Re has six regional offices: Casablanca (Morocco), Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire), Nairobi (Kenya), Lagos (Nigeria), Cairo (Egypt) and Ebene (Mauritius). The Corporation equally has two subsidiaries: African Reinsurance Corporation South Africa Ltd in Johannesburg (South Africa), Africa Retakaful in Cairo (Egypt) and one Local Office in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia).
Africa Re has a broad-based shareholding comprising 41 African member States, the African Development Bank (AfDB), 114 African insurance and reinsurance companies and three non-regional shareholders, including leading global insurers and reinsurers.
The Financial Strength and Credit Rating of Africa Re is A by A.M. Best and A – by Standard & Poor’s.
Africa-Re hereby announces the vacancy for the position of Underwriting Assistant for the Underwriting Department at its Nairobi Regional Office, Kenya
A. DUTIES/JOB DETAILS
This position is in the support staff grade with possibilities of advancement in the Corporation. The successful candidate will have the responsibility for managing the Facultative portfolio of the Regional Office and reporting to the Manager – Underwriting.
This position is for Underwriting Assistant whose main responsibility shall comprise, but not limited to:
- Maintain proper records of all facultative book acceptance
- Keep an audit trail of all facultative acceptance
- Prompt processing of facultative acceptance/amendments in the system and issue Debit/Credit notes to brokers/ cedents
- Follow up premium closing and settlement, as well as remittance advices from brokers/cedents
- Communicate cedents/brokers notice of cancellation for breach of PPW
- Follow up renewals of facultative book monthly and send renewal advices to brokers/cedents after vetting the profitability of the account and follow up to logical conclusion
- Review and acknowledge renewal notification received from cedants and brokers, and follow up to logical conclusion
- Prepare progress monthly reports on facultative account book
- Communicate underwriting decision to broker/cedent in consultation with supervisors
- Conduct cedent/broker account reconciliation by liaising with Finance and claims teams
- Perform other Underwriting and claims related duties when assigned
- Support in coordinating rating exercises
- Any other duties as may be determined by the supervisor from time to time.
I. Main Competencies required for this position
- Good skills in business software tools: Word, Excel, Power Point, SICS (is an advantage).
- Very good technical knowledge of the classes of business (underwriting and claims)
- Good knowledge of reinsurance and retrocession.
- Good reporting skills.
II. Behavioral Competencies
- Capacity for analyzing and reasoning
- Capacity for planning
- Capacity for taking initiatives and decision
- Ability to foster cordial relationship with cedants and colleagues
- Should be of high Integrity and have good sense of responsibility
- Should be fluent in English language
- A working knowledge of the French language shall be an added advantage.
Applicants shall be holders of:
- First University degree in relevant field plus a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- The relevant work experience in an underwriting department of an insurance or reinsurance company is a must.
Salary & Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s SS Grade Level
- Inflation adjustment that may increase of depending on the economic situation
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents
- Transport Allowance
- Housing Allowance
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English and working knowledge of French will be an added advantage
- Nationals of Members state of Africa Re
- A resident of Nairobi
Procedure for Application
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications together with their detailed CV by email to email@example.com
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: March 31st 2021