Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As part of the Talent Acquisition Team (two Talent Acquisition Managers), this role will be responsible for delivering and sustaining excellence in the area of talent acquisition and strategic resourcing for senior level recruitment and critical roles across the Network. Additional HR support in other areas that are not talent acquisition and strategic resourcing will be provided on an ad hoc basis. as and when required. S/he will introduce HR best practices adapted to the needs of the Network, and have a clear focus on building and cultivating talent pools to strengthen the core capabilities at the agency and Network levels.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the HR Global Leads, and the Head of Organisational Development, identify the strategic resourcing priorities and design and implement an anticipatory approach to source and cultivate talent pools considered critical.
- Identify innovative approaches channels of sourcing high calibre and high potential talent, and develop and cultivate talent pools to support the critical areas; this includes cultivation of talent pools from:
- Diaspora of critical geographies of focus
- Women in management and leadership
- Internship and graduate programmes
- Identify opportunities for synergies, for example in the implementation of network pricing for search firms, Social Media platforms and other resourcing tools/platforms providers.
- Design and deliver training within the areas of Talent Acquisition and Strategic Resourcing to the Agency HR Teams and Managers to enhance their capability and knowledge within core HR areas.
- Supporting the management of AKDN Career Centre and other sourcing tools, including Social Media platforms
- Keeping abreast of the best practices and new developments in HR, especially in the area of Talent Acquisition and provide recommendations on how they can be integrated within the network.
- Implement a systematic approach and infrastructure within the area of Strategic Resourcing and Talent Acquisition.
- In close collaboration with the Head of Organisational Development, provide additional HR support in other areas that are not talent acquisition and strategic resourcing on an ad hoc basis This may include, leadership and professional development, on boarding, and employee relations,
- identify opportunities for the placement of the alumni of AKDN Scholarship recipients and alumni to contribute to the work of AKDN, and provide a sustainable framework and structure to support their continuous professional development.
- Degree with a postgraduate qualification within the area of Human Resources.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in HR roles, as a HR Generalist and in the area of talent acquisition/strategic resourcing,
- Experience in developing and implementing HR strategies within complex and multi-country contexts.
- Prior experience of a matrix organisation and ability to work effectively in partnership while retaining an oversight role.
- Strong HR project management experience; ability to lead multiple projects and develop, manage and execute complex projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills to influence, coach, present and facilitate.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the best practices and innovations in HR and especially in the area of talent acquisition and strategic resourcing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to synthesize and present to management teams.
- Experience of providing of providing training to both HR and non-HR professionals.
- Experienced with working with and leading volunteers.
- Ability to work under pressure in meeting tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates and establishes a high ethical standard in their work and conduct
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Strong empathy with the AKDN’s mission and values
- Master Degree in Human Resource Management
- Experience working in the non-for-profit sector
- Prior exposure to the developing world and preferably to regions of the world where AKDN operates.
- Fluency in other languages that reflect the countries AKDN operates within.
Job Expires 09-Apr-2021