Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
From the start, we’ve been on a mission to bring the “university of the future” to the world — a place where students declare missions not majors, where real-world experience takes precedence over theoretical classroom lectures, and where learning how to learn has replaced learning facts and figures. Today, ALU is on its way to helping unleash the human potential of a new generation of ethical and entrepreneurial leaders — and in the process, unlock a new era of prosperity and opportunity for Africa and beyond unlike the world has ever seen.
Our mission is not going unnoticed. CNN described ALU — which has campuses in Mauritius and Rwanda — as “The Harvard of Africa;” Fast Company ranked ALU one of the 50 most innovative organisations in the world and the most innovative endeavour in Africa; and The New York Times recognised ALU as one of the eight places in the world “where history is being made.”
Do you enjoy creating order out of chaos? Do you enjoy being ‘behind the scenes’ and supporting someone else to be successful? Are you super-organised and detail-oriented? Do you understand what a leader needs to be effective on any given day?
We are looking for 3 talented individuals to join us to be the right hand of our 3 Senior Leaders at ALU as their Executive Assistant. In this role, you will be the ultimate gateway, manage their day-to-day and make sure they are successful every day. You ensure they are on top of their most important priorities, handle their email traffic and overall administrative support (travel arrangements, calendar, stakeholder relations etc), and you will also have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams on key projects.
Here is an overview of the 3 Senior Leaders and what they are responsible for:
Provost – Linkedin Profile
The Provost is responsible for the academic journey of all of our students, from matriculation to graduation – both undergraduate and postgraduate. The Provost ensures that we deliver on our promise of an innovative, engaging and mission-driven student learning experience.
Executive Director – Linkedin Profile
The Executive Director is responsible for creating an inclusive, engaging, and supportive university experience that fosters each student’s academic, personal and professional success. All our non-academic student-facing team such Student Life, Campus Operations, Learning Support, etc. report to the Executive Director.
Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Linkedin Profile
The COO oversees the administrative and strategic operational functions of the organisation. All of our operational teams such as Operations, Marketing, People, Enrolment, etc. report to the COO.
- Assist Senior Leaders with daily administrative duties and complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that includes managing an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries and agendas and compiling documents for meetings.
- Support high-priority projects designed to achieve the organisation’s strategic goal; build and maintain successful working relationships and coordinate with a wide range of staff and stakeholders, internal and external to the organisation.
- Anticipate, identify and troubleshoot issues of concern or significance; exercise discretion to provide timely information and necessary updates to Senior Leaders.
- Ensure matters requiring the attention of Senior Leaders are thoroughly developed, researched and evaluated; respond to routine inquiries
- Research, produce and/or coordinate preparation of reports, briefings and presentations on behalf of Senior Leaders
- Coordinate the scheduling of strategic events, meetings and other requests to balance and address key organisational objectives.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ALU
- Experience & Background – 1-3 years of working on diverse range of projects in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely organised – You keep meticulous to-do lists, plan your day carefully, and make sure everything gets done
- Stakeholder relations & management – Excellent people skills, ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Creativity – Overcomes challenges with out of the box solutions
- Problem solver – Ability to break down and simplify ambiguous problems into executable milestones & actions
- Project management – Proven ability to effectively manage different aspects of a project
- Excellent writer – You enjoy writing and know what is appropriate for different audiences
- Detail-oriented – You are very careful, and triple-check important documents, emails, presentations etc.
- Learning mindset – You are always willing to seek and receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for growth.
LOCATION : Remote
Application Deadline – 31st March 2021