Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Welcome to Maasai Mara University. The vision we hold as a University is to be a World Class University committed to academic excellence for development. Our Mission is to provide Quality University education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development. We offer high-quality, branded graduands whose image is recognizable among consumers in the corporate world by creating a sense of confidence among consumers who send the daughters and sons here. Our Vision “To be a World Class University committed to academic excellence for development.” Our Mission “To provide Quality University Education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development.”
For appointment to this position an applicant must:
- Have a Master of Business Administration (MBA) (Accounting/Finance option) or its equivalent plus CPA(K) or its equivalent;
- Be registered with ICPAK or an equivalent Accounting body
- Have seven (7) years’ experience, three (3) of which must have been as a Senior Accountant Grade 13 or equivalent
- Have outstanding professional competence in Public Sector Financial Management
- Be a person of integrity and good management skills
- Have practical knowledge of ICT and ERP Accounting systems
- Meet requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Deputy Finance Officer will be reporting to the Finance Officer for the day to day performance of duties and responsibilities.
The Responsibilities of the Deputy Finance Officer shall include:
- Deputizing the Finance Officer in the management of day to day activities of the department;
- Implementation of an adequate accounting system through maintenance of accurate financial records, which must recognize, classify, summarize, post and report transactions.
- Supervision and development of staff in the section.
- Monthly and on ad-hoc basis generate the following reports: budget utilization, students’ fees collection status, projects implementation status, rolling cash flow
- forecast, catering unit performance, consultancy and research funds income and utilization.
- Participate in formulation and implementation of the departmental strategic plan.
- Ensure timely General Ledger reconciliations especially students financial accounting, bank reconciliations, projects accounts reconciliations, fixed assets reconciliations and research/consultancy funds accounting.
- Maintain accurate records of University projects and timely reconciliation of the same in line with the funding received and payments made.
- Check both recurrent and development expenditure of the University to ensure that they are within budget, authorized, reasonable, are in compliance with Public
- Procurement and Asset Disposal Act 2015 and value for money is received. Ensure that pending bills are monitored and payments made on aging basis.
- Ensure proper maintenance of the grants register to ensure proper and accurate bookkeeping
- Assist in formulation and implementation of the departmental policies, procedures and plans for smooth operations
- Coordinate preparation and generation of financial reports to ensure adherence to the set professional standards.
- Carry out implementation of adequate accounting systems to ensure maintenance of sound financial records.
- Review of ledger accounts to ensure completeness of financial reporting working papers.
Method of application
Application Guidelines and Statutory requirements for applicants for the positions Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed Curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Finance Officer and Deputy Finance Officer should reach the Chairman of Council on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021.
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University P.
O. Box 861-20500
Applications for the position of Medical Officer should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021.
Deputy Vice- Chancellor Administration, Finance & Planning,
Maasai Mara University P.
O. Box 861-20500
Maasai Mara University is an equal opportunity employer.