Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Welcome to Maasai Mara University. The vision we hold as a University is to be a World Class University committed to academic excellence for development. Our Mission is to provide Quality University education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development. We offer high-quality, branded graduands whose image is recognizable among consumers in the corporate world by creating a sense of confidence among consumers who send the daughters and sons here. Our Vision “To be a World Class University committed to academic excellence for development.” Our Mission “To provide Quality University Education through innovative teaching, research and consultancy services for development.”
Job Specification for Appointment
For appointment to this position the applicant must have: –
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery obtained from a recognized university.
- Must have a Medical Practicing license and Professional Indemnity License
- Membership to Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Must have five (5) years working experience post internship
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Duties and responsibilities
- The Medical Officer will be responsible to the Registrar (Administration and Planning) for the following duties and functions;
- Examine and treatment of patients in the area of specialization using curative and preventive measures and advise on admission and management of the patients into the health unit.
- Coordinating and controlling provision of medical services to patients in the University
- Coordinating and controlling provision of both formal and informal of training to health personnel working under his/her supervision
- Participation in the formulation of policy for operation and development of health services
- Organization and management of framework of health delivery system
- Implementation of specific projects and programmes related to various areas of health care
- Participate in overall planning of health services in the University
- Provide health services in various disciplines of medicine and other specializations
- Provide professional guidance to other personnel to ensure effective planning and management of health care programmes
- Conducting clinics on regular basis for follow up of patients with chronic medical conditions and any other patients deserving regular review and care
- Input into the procurement plan for the requisition of the essential items and equipment for use at the health unit.
- Perform any other duties and task relevant to the professional and as may assigned or delegated by the Registrar (Administration and Planning)
Method of application
Application Guidelines and Statutory requirements for applicants for the positions Applications in ten (10) copies, should be submitted together with a detailed Curriculum vitae detailing academic qualifications, professional experience, leadership and management roles, publications/awards/scholarships/funding, membership of professional associations, linkages and community service; copies of relevant certificates, email address and telephone contacts.
Applicant must obtain clearance from Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission, Kenya Revenue Authority, certificate of Good Conduct and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Applicants are required to give names, addresses and contacts of three (3) referees and should indicate on the envelope the Reference number and the position applied.
Applications for the position of Finance Officer and Deputy Finance Officer should reach the Chairman of Council on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021.
The Chairman of Council,
Maasai Mara University P.
O. Box 861-20500
Applications for the position of Medical Officer should reach the Deputy Vice- Chancellor, Administration, Planning and Finance on the address indicated below on or before 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 13th April, 2021.
Deputy Vice- Chancellor Administration, Finance & Planning,
Maasai Mara University P.
O. Box 861-20500