Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the vacancy in the Credit & Collections department within the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, the Head of Department – Credit & Collections will lead the organization in the efforts to manage the company’s Debt portfolio that includes the enterprise, retail as well as digital lending product portfolio. The role holder will empower the simplification, digitization and automation of processes that improve customer centricity through improving customer journeys and experience. Additionally, the role holder will take responsibility for the multi-functional team of experts with the ambit to attract, develop and retain talent for the team while maintaining engagement through innovative methods.
- Actively reduce the outstanding debt on respective ledgers as per monthly set target collection & clean up targets.
- Develop close partnership with enterprise, financial services and consumer teams for implementation of sustainable programs to drive growth and retention of customer base.
- Ensure world class effectiveness and efficiency in the customer bill generation and dispatch process that improves customer experience.
- Diligent adherence and implementation of processes and tools necessary to deliver forecast collections.
- Development, testing and implementation of vetting and verification procedures and tools to facilitate faster activation process with reduced risk exposure on bad debt.
- Continuous development and execution of strategic programs to ensure churn is reduced to the agreed business percentages.
- Definition, launch and roll out of alternative methods of servicing our customers by offering new options and methods of service delivery.
- Liaison with the technical team in the effective management of the payment interfaces ensuring that they are closely monitored.
- Providing key leadership and coaching to the assigned teams, stakeholders and partners to achieve collaborative and constructive working relationships.
- Partnering with Finance teams in Business Planning & Budgeting; Controlling and Business Partners to have a consistent view on the debt portfolio, treatment and management on a monthly basis
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Commerce or a closely similar discipline from a recognized University. A Post Graduate Degree, CPA (K), ACCA ACA will be an added advantage.
- Relevant professional qualification/Certification in Credit Management
- At least 10 years’ experience in credit and /or risk management in a complex environment with 5 years of supervisory experience
- Proven performance track record across credit collection, stakeholder and team engagement
- Organizational and project management experience and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
Deadline is 31st March, 2021