Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Manager – Cloud and Infrastructure Support, the successful candidate will offer system support, monitoring and administration of Safaricom’s Digital IT Private and Cloud Infrastructure based on Windows and Unix/Linux environments running varying servers, storage and SAN systems as well as support of Virtualization environments and Container platforms.
- Administering, configuring and troubleshooting private or cloud-based servers running on Microsoft Windows and Unix/Linux in physical, virtualized or containerized environment. Response, problem resolution and escalation of server issues.
- Support automation of infrastructure at massive scale to support scaling of digital services and as well as adoption of new technologies within Infrastructure and cloud support team.
- Support cloud Migration initiatives and new technologies adoption.
- Analysis of server hardware and operating system software, Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory. Role includes implementation of tactical service improvements, upgrades and system patching.
- Liaise with users, hardware and software vendors and internal systems owners to fine tune systems hardware and software for all systems.
- Operations of backup tools and testing of disk and data recovery solutions on all business systems. Prompt restoration of lost data for the business. Backup, hardware and software assurance.
- Technical support to IT Container Platforms based on Kubernetes and Redhat OpenShift.
- Maintenance of systems documentation and procedures.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 4 years’ experience as Systems administrator/analyst in a multifaceted business environment with integrated/mixed of windows/UNIX/Linux operating environment, servers and storage systems.
- System Administration Techniques – understanding OS Performance, Microsoft and Unix/Linux enterprise systems.
- Certification on Windows, Unix/Linux Virtualization.
- Certification in AWS/Azure or Other Cloud platform.
- Knowledge and certification in SAN/NAS, Container Management, Provisioning/Configuration automation.
- Good Knowledge and experience of Container Platforms i.e. Kubernetes and RedHat Openshift.
- Good Knowledge of Agile Ways of working.
- Strong Oral, Written, Interpersonal Communication and Leadership skills.
- Basic Knowledge of DevSecOps and Microservices Technologies.
- Attention to details technologies e.g. Android, IOS, 2G, 3G, LTE, USSD etc. , will be an added advantage.