Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities – called Fresh Life Toilets. We franchise the toilets to community residents, who run them as commercial toilets; landlords, who offer them as a value-added service to their tenants; and schools, to ensure children always have access to a safe sanitation option. We provide critical support services – such as access to finance, business analytics, training and aspirational marketing and branding. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community for treatment. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein, which we sell to Kenyan farms. We launched our first toilet in November 2011, and we now have a network of over 2700 active Fresh Life Toilets run by over 300 Fresh Life Operators. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Construction Manager/ Senior Site Engineer who will work on the expansion of one of our production sites on the coast, in Kilifi.
- Take part in the Project Risk and Opportunities analysis and implement the preventive and corrective actions,
- Ensure the Project Health and Safety Management plan is applied on site and followed by the contractor,
- Visit the construction site daily to assess the overall work progress and difficulties, and review on-going issues,
- Organize construction meetings with the different stakeholders to ensure the project milestones are achieved within the budget and schedule,
- Take part in the general breakdown of the project to prepare the inspection plans and the documents required for monitoring project execution,
- Provide support and ensure the Project Quality Management system is in place and followed by the contractor,
- Participate in analyzing non-conformance reports and in determining their causes and proposing corrective and preventive actions,
- Ensure construction management software is in use and up-to-date and report on project metrics to the Project Manager,
- Liaise with the Design Team to issue change orders or answer the RFIs and manage project modifications in collaboration with the different stakeholders,
- Incur project expenses on the basis of the allocated budget,
- Ensure pre-commissioning, commissioning and then handover are completed in due time according to the company framework,
- Caption the project experience and lessons learned, and take part in continuous improvement workshops
- Degree/ Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Prior experience in Mechanical and/ or Electrical positions appreciated
- Proven experience as Construction Manager/ Senior Site Engineer on construction projects including industrial buildings of 5+ years
- Previous experience in conducting and participating in project commissioning required
- Deep consideration towards Safety, Quality and Environment management on site
- Substantial experience of all stages of the design and construction across a wide range of building types, including industrial buildings
- Working knowledge of common construction contracts
- Previous experience in using construction management software is a ‘plus’
- Good writing, client-facing and communication skills
- Well-organised, diligent, proactive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
- A team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, respectful and flexible