Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination. We work at massive scale. We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints. We are responsible for our human capital, administration of all offices and support functions, and employee engagement. We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make informed decisions and work processes. We are the champions of our culture. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have strong focus on performance. We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
People Operations manages each employee’s life cycle with us, with a focus on contracting, benefits, compensation, payroll, and date-driven performance management. We are the first point of contact on most issues for our team members, ensuring our policies support and encourage a strong and effective team. Working across hundreds to thousands of employees, we work at scale, with large amounts of data, leveraging technology to improve employee systems and support.
About the Role
The Manager, People Operations performs a wide range of HR, administrative and office support activities for Kenya and Uganda Offices. A large part of the role will be supporting the organization to ensure the efficient operation of the organization. This position requires an individual who possesses excellent organizational skills and the disposition to work well with other department members. This role will report to the Director, People.
What You Will Do Proactively manage and monitor the effectiveness of Human Resources policies and procedures across all staff, particularly at our academies
- Manage investigations and grievances processes in conjunction with departments and Legal
- Coordinate correspondences and communications between HR and employees; ensure that management views are clearly and fairy represented
- Manage employee welfare initiatives; ensure that the Company understands employee motivations and needs/wants
- Proactively organize trainings across the Company to ensure that employees are updated on the skills they need
- Ensure employee engagement is part of the office culture
- Coordinate the flow of information both internally and externally
- Consider new systems, tools, and processes to improve the ongoing service delivery operations of Human Resources
- Manage payroll and personnel documents
- Work with the Director, People on specific people related projects
What You Should Have
- Degree from a top undergraduate institution, preferably with Business Administration and Human Resources specialization
- Minimum six years of post-undergraduate, full-time work experience in Human Resources with two years managerial experience
- Work experience, particularly with large numbers of field staff and a diverse staff skillset
- CIPD/HR Related qualification
- At least five years’ experience handling HR advisory/management issues and administrative duties
- Proficiency in Ms Office
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Ability to multi-task
- Good judgment in trouble shooting, problem solving, awareness of own limitations, strong interpersonal skills and internal motivation essential
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.