Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kenya4Resilience (K4R) Community of Practice (CoP) is a network that seeks to Build Resilient Communities. Driven by the need for collaboration, partnerships, knowledge and experience sharing in the field of resilience, 10 Swedish Mission Council (SMC) funded CSO’s in Kenya came together and designed the K4R CoP. The Kenya4Resilience (K4R) Community of Practice (CoP) leverages on both offline (workshops, science cafes, field visits) and online (webinars) platforms to enhance the capacity of its members to integrate not only resilience concepts into their programming, but also adopt and adapt resilience way of thinking in their programmes including involving them in the achievement of the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR) in Kenya.
Children’s Mission Africa (CMA) is the secretariat of the K4R CoP. CMA the Regional office of Children’s Mission Sweden and envisions a World/Continent where families’ live lives in dignity. CMA provides technical support including capacity development and monitoring & evaluation services to its 15 organizations in 12 African Countries financially supported by Children’s Mission Sweden. The work largely is in 4 pillars; Capacity Development for Partners, Economic Empowerment, Education and Democratic spaces and governance. *As the Secretariat of the K4R CoP, staff will be based at the CMA offices.*
The goal of the Kenya4Resilience (K4R) Community of Practice (CoP) is to contribute to the building of Resilient Communities. The K4R CoP was officially launched in February 2019 and is funded by the Swedish Mission Council (SMC) for three additional years. With the National CoP now up and running, we envision setting up County specific CoPs in complementing programmes implementation sites.
Based in Nairobi, Kenya with regular field visits to relevant field locations, the Successful candidate will manage and provide technical oversight of the Kenya4Resilience (K4R) Community of practice (CoP). One will be overall responsible for coordinating all programme components as well as the day to day running of activities of the CoP. Requisite management skills and knowledge will ensure that the K4R CoP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards;
- Empowering partner organizations to integrate resilience throughout the project management cycle towards developing resilient and sustainable interventions/communities
- Enhancing collaboration of resilience focused interventions & innovations among CoP members especially those supported by SMC
- Improving Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) participation in formulation and implementation of resilience-related policies/actions especially the Sendai framework at different levels (county-national-regional/global)
- Building resilient communities through the community by members sharing their experiences, knowledge and skills for purposes of learning from each other
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sustainable Development, Rural Development, Project Management, Agriculture, Sociology or any other related courses. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in relevant field-based
- Direct project management experience required, with preferably at least 2 years of experience in the coordinating a network of a community of practice.
- Experience and understanding of development and humanitarian work and the NGO context
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good analytical skills and conceptual thinking skills with good strategic perspective, able to understand complex issues and information from different sources and present this clearly and simply
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally.
- Articulate communicator, excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities, and unpredictable stakeholder expectations.
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented offering innovative solutions**
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and to competent track timelines and deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Proven ability to plan and manage multiple tasks in parallel to optimize the short seasonal implementation window in multiple locations.
- Good experience in project management and partner management.**
- Demonstrated ability to write high quality technical reports and proposals.**
- Experience engaging with civil society organizations (CSOs).**
- M&E and Financial Accountability skills and experience required.**
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)**
- Technical expertise in Resilience and / or DRR highly preferred
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Both Male and Female candidates are encouraged to apply
CMAs’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CMA requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Method of application
Interested and qualified applicants are invited to submit applications to email@example.com so as to arrive not later than 29th March 2021
* Shortlisting well be done on rolling basis and may fill the position before the closing date.*
The email subject line should include your name and the position you are applying to. The only attachment should be ONE document that has a cover letter (it must include your most recent salary, expected monthly gross salary and notice period required) and a detailed CV in PDF format.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted