Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Enviromental And Social Specialist, Corporate Banking
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Credit Risk, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Conduct of Environmental & Social Assessment on prospective clients and projects.
- Monitoring client activities and projects regarding E&S issues to ensure continued compliance.
- Support the Relationship Managers and Analysts by accompanying them on site visits to client’s premises to ensure 360 view of client business.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assessment and monitoring of Environmental & Social issues according to Regulatory and Internal risk policies on a portfolio of corporate credit clients.
- Interaction with different departments and stakeholders as part of the appraisal process, on a local and regional scale.
- Preparation of written Environmental & Social Due Diligence (ESDD) and Environmental & Social monitoring reports to support Credit Committee Decisions regarding the client’s Environmental & Social risk.
- Advisory services to Corporate Banking clients on Environmental & Social issues.
- Keeping up to date on key Environmental & Social issues and trends within the country and region.
- Preparation of relevant Environmental & Social reports according to the corporate needs from time to time.
- Coordination with relevant departments especially the Bank’s Environmental & Social Department for delivery of seamless service to client.
Skills and competencies
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills in English (mandatory).
- Detail and results oriented with a solid knowledge of Environmental & Social issues including planning, assessment and monitoring.
- Efficient organizational and planning capacities.
- Critical yet objective analysis of applications to achieve a balanced sense of Environmental & Social risk
- Problem solving and strong negotiation skills
- Passionate, highly self – motivated and creative team player
- Demonstrate an ability to build and manage relationships and influence various stakeholders
- Adept at generating strong team spirit through energetic, flexible and dynamic personality.
- Seasoned Environmental & Social expert with over 4 years in a similar role in a similar or comparable institution.
- An under-graduate degree from a well-recognized university in a related field
- Relevant certifications are an added advantage
Closing Date: Mar 29, 2021