Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About HAKI Africa
HAKI Africa is a human rights organization with its headquarters in Mombasa, Kenya working to promote and protect human rights and rule of law in Kenya and across Africa. The organization particularly agitates for the recognition and empowerment of local communities in the continent to be at the forefront of championing for social justice and good governance with a view to improving their standards of living.
About the position
The Communications Officer will be responsible for steering effective and interactive communication, across different mediums, as well as through the design, writing, production and distribution of communication materials. He/She will encourage a knowledge atmosphere; plan for and ensure that learning sessions take place; ensure proper documentation; and publicize the organization. He/She will ensure that the annual communication plans are developed; Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects. He/She shall prepare content for Conventional and Social Media use.
- Be responsible for the communication department of the Organization;
- Develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience;
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services;
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange for interviews for the organization;
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database; and
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field;
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (In Design/Photo shop);
- Proven verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; and
- Ability to communicate in foreign UN language is an added advantage.
All applications should be in English and or Kiswahili and submitted online via email with a clear subject of “Application for Communications Officer” to email@example.com
*Deadline for Submission*
The deadline for submission is Wednesday, 31st March 2021 at 1700 hours (EAT).