Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
Apigee Developers (API developers) – (21000119)
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Principal Apigee Developer, the position holder will be responsible to run day to day micro service development to ensure smooth and efficient service delivery that meets the expectations of the business.
- Development of digital products consumed by various channels.
- Development of microservices using java, spring boot, spring boot security and spring cloud.
- Responsible for designing REST API schema.
- Work with CI/CD tools to automate deployments.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered on time as agreed upon by the various stakeholders.
- Design, build, maintain and support the Apigee infrastructure
- Documentation and coordination efforts to secure application resiliency prior to business continuity event.
- Participate in design, testing and implementation of new products, services and functionalities
- Making use of agile and scrum frameworks in project delivery while making use of tools like Jira, Confluence etc.
- Provide support during service deployments and support when on-call.
- Participate in audit activities, review and provide data to auditors.
- Development of automated tests for functional, performance, and security testing using test-driven development methodology.
- Support capacity planning initiatives and provide application information to capacity planning teams.
- Customize alerting tools based on application specific thresholds.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field as a minimum
- At least 2-year experience in coding in a non-university setting.
- At least 1 year experience of API management experience e.g., Apigee, MuleSoft etc.
- Strong understanding of both JSON, SOAP and development on swagger UI using open API’s
- Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML etc.
- Strong knowledge in API modelling languages and annotations e.g., in Swagger
- Experience in java, java EE, spring, spring MVC, spring cloud, python, Bash
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases i.e., Oracle, MySQL, mongo DB, Cassandra
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing API’s using REST and SOAP
- Experience developing solutions using agile, DevOPs, testing and CI/CD automation tools e.g., Jenkins, SonarQube, Git lab
- Experience in CMS is an added advantage e.g., Drupal
- Strong understanding of end-to-end API and microservices architecture
- Experience in automation tools e.g., Rundeck, ansible etc.
- Good presentation skills
Deadline is 1st April,2021