Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Standard Group PLC is a leading multi-media organization with investments in media platforms spanning newspaper print operations, television, radio broadcasting, digital and online services. Our various media platforms include: The Standard Newspaper, KTN, KTN News, KTN Burudani, Farmers T.V, Radio Maisha, Vybez Radio, Spice FM, The Nairobian Weekly Newspaper and Standard Digital. As part of strengthening our operations, Digital Department is looking for ambitious professionals to join our team.
Reporting to OSH Supervisor
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to
Health and Safety. To manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to
ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the Group are adhered to.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Assist in developing and implementing functional strategies to ensure that the Company’s resources, both human and physical, operate in a safe and healthy environment.
- Ensure that all accidents and near miss are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work operations and equipment.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Ensure full and accurate departmental safety and training records are maintained.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as maybe assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelors’ Degree/Diploma in health and safety,
- Environmental studies or Science based studies.
- Professional training and accreditation will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
SKILLS AND OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of a discipline/function e.g. Health, safety and environment
- Ability to co-ordinate with those of other areas.
- Translates overall Group plans into operations plans
- Ability to make decisions under situation of uncertainty
- Excellent knowledge of OSHA laws and subsidiary legislations.
- Flexible and co-operative at all times
- An assertive but calm demeanor
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenge, visit https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment/
recruitment to browse through the current openings/vacancies and apply not later than 29/03/2021.
The Standard Group PLC is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead
to automatic disqualification.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE FOR THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS