Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title: Procurement Assistant – Inventory management
Reporting to: Procurement Manager
Basic job summary:
To be responsible for ensuring cafeteria supplies are received in good time and that the Cafeteria holds optimal inventory at all times.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the cafeteria store on a day to day basis and ensure that stock items are within the approved stock levels at all times
- Track and expedite orders to suppliers to ensure timely delivery as per approved purchase orders
- Inspect and verify all goods delivered to ensure conformance to order specifications, quality and quantities
- Receive approved internal orders for goods at the store and issue as required at the specified times
- Post all the stock data into KUALI and any other system as necessary and prepare the required reports at the specified times
- Facilitate the monthly stock taking exercise and report accordingly
- Analyze the aging of stocks and report on obsolescence and/or recommend on need to dispose any excess or aged stocks
- Maintain the stores filing system and keep safe custody of all the stores related files, records and other such documents in their complete form as per policy
- Collect all customer feedback on stores services and suggestions thereto, analyze the same and report to immediate supervisor
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management or any other related field from a recognized institution
- Membership to the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage
- At least 2 years work experience in a similar role
Competencies and Attributes
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Organization and Planning Skills
Are you qualified for this position and interested in working with us? We would like to hear from you. Kindly send us a copy of your updated resume and letter of application (ONLY) quoting “Procurement Assistant” on the subject line to email@example.com by 30th March 2021.
Due to the large number of applications we may receive, kindly note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be advised that Strathmore University is an equal opportunity employer and does NOT ask for money from applicants under any circumstances during its recruitment process. Interested applicants are encouraged to exercise caution upon receiving any such interview opportunity that requires payment of any money.