Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
With excellent English language skills, you will have experience of business reporting, delivering creative output for digital, TV and radio platforms. Working closely with the London, Nairobi, Lagos and Johannesburg bureaux, you will prepare edited material either working in a self-op environment or with a craft editor to produce inserts and packages for the various outlets such as Business TV features, News bulletins, Online or social. You will source and brief contributors for live and edited stories and interview them for broadcast and alert editors to breaking news, being ready to file accurate reports on the spot.
The Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this role you will have the following;
- An excellent command of English and Swahili language (both written and spoken).
- A strong journalistic and business reporting background.
- A network in the business sector.
- A digital understanding and awareness of the latest broadcast technology and the ability to learn new skills is important.
- You will have a strong broadcasting voice and a track record of accuracy and impartiality. Knowledge of cameras to film professionally would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for candidates who can write online text pieces & analysis, are able to report live on developing stories and have a thorough understanding of young African audience needs and African business news affairs.
10 month attachment / fixed term contract
Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Local terms and conditions apply
Closing Date 01 April, 2021
Any offer of employment with the BBC will be conditional upon you having or securing the right to work in Kenya.