Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CHS Institute Ltd. is currently sourcing for high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of a Nurse, Key Populations Program to be based in Machakos.
Overall Job Function
Reporting to the Site/Clinic Coordinator, the position holder will be responsible for the provision of biomedical, behavioural, structural HIV prevention interventions to Key Populations (KPs) in the DiCE and during outreaches within Machakos County.
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections at the DiCE and during outreaches
- Provide family planning services to beneficiaries in the project including education, counselling, and services on emergency contraception, short-term and long-term methods
- Directly track linkage to post-rape care for survivors of sexual violence
- Provide KPs with risk assessment and risk reduction counselling
- Condom promotion, demonstration of correct use and distribution
- Facilitate health education sessions to KPs at the DiCE and during outreaches
- Mentor Peer Educators on providing health education to KPs on STIs, family planning services, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), and Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP)
- Make appropriate referrals for on-going support and actively track clients on HIV care, treatment, and support services including CCC, PMTCT, TB treatment, and home-based care
- Provide HTS services to clients
- Collect and manage client data ensuring confidentiality
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognised medical training institute, BSc Nursing is an added advantage
- Registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya (NCK) with a valid practice license
- Valid HTS certificate – NASCOP certified
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player
- Ability to work in a community setting and relate well with Key Populations by providing friendly services
- Relate to others in a manner that creates a sense of teamwork and co-operation
- Ability to maintain effective communication with both junior and senior colleagues
- High level of integrity
- Good oral and written communication skills (English and Swahili)
- Computer literacy in the use of MS Windows, Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Good record-keeping skills
- Commitment to and understanding of CHS Institute Ltd. vision, mission, and values
- At least 2 years’ post-internship experience working in a busy clinic or hospital site
- Experience in providing family planning services is required
- Experience working with KPs will be an added advantage
- Experience in providing STI screening and treatment at outreach sites is desired
- Experience in providing cervical cancer screening is desired.
Interested applicants are invited to email their applications and detailed CV with contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the subject title as, Key Population Nurse: CHSI/NURSE KP/01/2021 by 5.00 PM Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
CHS Institute Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.