Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job Head of Engineering and Product
About Ilara Health
At Ilara Health, we equip healthcare providers with innovative diagnostic tools to improve the quality of primary medical care across sub-Saharan Africa. We provide clinics and pharmacies with smart financing options and revenue-generating diagnostic assets that allow them to develop their business and improve patient care.
The goal of our underlying technology is to create a user-friendly patient management platform that communicates test results, health insights and patient reminders. We are looking for an all-rounder who can lead both the design and technical aspects of product development, as well as directing the overall product strategy.
You are first and foremost a product person, who is comfortable going into the field and interacting with a range of different people to understand users’ needs and behaviours. You will then manage a team of designers and engineers to create a product that is specifically tailored for Sub-Saharan Africa.
Who You Are
This is a role for someone who wants to solve big, real-world, problems. The ideal candidate would have experience managing engineering and design teams and building products (ideally in the healthtech space) through different levels of growth and maturity. Experience in development, IoT, medical device integrations, data analysis, and health-tech products (eg. Apple Health, Google Health) would be ideal, as would an understanding of the developing market context.You have an entrepreneurial attitude, enjoy challenges, and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and high-pressure. You can work long or irregular hours when needed and aspire to move into a leadership role in a fast-growing start-up.
Experience in development, IoT, medical device integrations, data analysis, and health-tech products (eg. Apple Health, Google Health) would be ideal, as would an understanding of the developing market context.
There are no restrictions based on nationality or current location, but you must be willing to be based in Kenya.
- Experience building and managing teams of top tier tech talent, including hiring and performance management
- An understanding of primary healthcare ecosystems in developing markets
- Experience managing customer research and user testing
- Experience designing and iterating a health tech product from scratch through to completion
- An understanding of the developing market context, and the specific challenges that entails
- The ability to work as part of a collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Sincere interest in working at a healthcare startup and passion for healthcare data
- Prior experience in healthcare, health-tech, IoT, data analysis and device integrations would be highly valued but not essential
- Willingness to be based in Kenya
- Live healthier than ever: employees are showered with healthcare knowledge
- Work with a team of AAA entrepreneurs and professionals from all over the world
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference – we are changing the way primary care is delivered in emerging markets
- Get access to an amazing list of advisors and investors that are actively engaged
- Full-time salary, negotiable based on experience, and equity compensation plan