Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position title: Digital Learning Project Manager
Child & Youth Care Digital Learning Hub (f/m)**
Working location: Addis Ababa or Nairobi**
Supervisor: Information Communication Technology Director **
Region: East and Southern Africa (ESAF)
Context of the position
SOS Children’s Villages International (SOS CVI) is non-governmental and non-denominational organization working with communities, partners and states to ensure that the rights of all children are fulfilled in every society. SOS CVI is a global federation working to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing the care. We respect all religions and cultures and work with trusted partners in places where we can contribute to social development. Everything we do is made possible through the generous support of sponsors and donors, institutional and corporate partners, and loyal friends worldwide.
Envisioning that every child belongs to a family and grows up with love, respect and security, we exist to build families for children in need, we help them shape their own futures, and we share in the development of their communities. Everything we do is guided by the firm belief that no child should grow up alone and that we need to improve care for children who are at risk, enabling them to overcome precarious conditions and to succeed in life. To achieve our mission, our strategy for the upcoming decade focuses on ensuring the best care of children, innovation, and effective collaboration with more partners. Our core values guiding who we are and what we do include courage to take action, commitment to keep our promises, trust to believe in each other, and accountability to be reliable Partners.
The purpose of the Position
The Digital Learning Hub is a new global project in SOS Children´s Villages that aims to bring together the Learning and Development frameworks, various existing and new digital learning tools and the learning resources (content) produced by Member Associations, Regional Offices and external partners.
Closely supported by the co-team leader of the Youth & ICT4D team and the regional office of Eastern and Southern Africa (ESAF), the Project Manager will be responsible of the establishment of a Digital Learning unit. This includes, but it is not limited to: definition of an operating and sustainability model which will define how digital learning works in the organisation and how all components will be interlinked (content, tools, frameworks, etc.), produce implementation plan, results framework monitoring, budget monitoring and quarterly reporting to the donor, among others. She/he will work closely with network of Programmes Development and ICT Teams in the international headquarter and the other regions. The project manager will be in charge of coordinating the development of SOS Influencer together with the ICT team, a digital platform which will compile and share digital content existing around the organization.
SOS Children’s Villages International is looking for a Digital learning expert involved in setting up and managing projects around digital learning, interested in driving a new global project and taking new challenges especially with energy and drive to get things done.
Director of ICT – Eastern and Southern Africa
Director of Programs – Eastern and Southern Africa
Team Leader Young people & ICT4D – International Office
International Learning and Development Team
Regional Teams Members (Asia, Africa, Europe, Latin America)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establish and manage the Digital Learning Hub project from the start including project team and structures.**
· Define an operating model which will define how the whole hub and processes will work, in partnership with the regional offices and other stakeholders at the international office and supporting associations
· Establish a process, agreed with key stakeholders, to connect digital learning tools (existing and new), content and frameworks.
· Coordinate the development of SOS Influencer (new digital platform to compile and crowdsource content creation and curation) together with ICT Team.
· Support the development of new learning tools.
· Coordinate and manage stakeholder relations through the SOS Children’s Villages Federation throughout the project phases
· Follow the implementation plan and establish corrective actions when needed
· Responsible for the project’s budget management
· Produce quarterly progress reports and present them to the donor/s
· Define a sustainability model to achieve 70% project sustainability after 4 years
· Support the piloting of SOS Influencer platform in one region with several Member Associations and create the plan for scaling up.
· Support the efforts identifying other funding sources for the project.
- University degree and academic training in a field related to Learning and Development, ICT or Programme Development or related fields.
Minimum of 7 years experience in setting up and managing digital learning projects.
Strong experience in programme and project management, preferably in global projects.
Experience in defining and implementing digital learning approaches at multi country and multi region scale.
Strong cross regional stakeholder management, donor communication and reporting skills.
Strong project team and budget management skills
Excellent verbal and written English language skills. Spanish and/or French language skills are considered an asset.
· A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
· As a responsible employer we provide a range of training schemes and encourage educational enhancement
· A salary that will be commensurate with experience and qualifications
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for the above position, please send your application letter, detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of academic certificates, and names and contact details of three referees as Single Document.
Applications that are late, or do not have CV or certificates attached, will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the name and reference number of the position in the subject line of the email.
Email to: Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: ESAF.HROD@sos-kd.org. All applications should be submitted not later than April 6, 2021.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.