Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SunFunder is a world-leading debt financier to distributed solar companies and projects in Sub-Saharan Africa. We are a team of 29 people spanning 13 nationalities, made up of experienced renewable energy investment professionals that are driven by a desire to scale solar to solve energy poverty and climate change. We make debt investments in solar home systems, productive use (including mini grids) and commercial and industrial solar projects. We’re hiring a talented and passionate Senior Investment Officer to join our team and be an active contributor to our growth.
*There is also flexibility for the candidate to work remotely as an independent consultant as long as they are within GMT or EAT timezone.
The Investment Officer (“IO”) will report to the Head of Investments and be responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships, driving transactions, structuring innovative and bankable solutions, and growing our loan portfolio across Africa and Asia.
- Grow our portfolio. You will actively contribute to the growth of the current portfolio by building and developing a strong eligible pipeline of investment opportunities in existing markets and new markets.
- Lead transactions from beginning to end. As an IO, you will be leading the full investment cycle including origination, due diligence and credit risk assessments of existing and/or potential counterparties, negotiating and structuring transactions to financial close. This includes developing and managing the client relationship, leading negotiations of transaction terms and documentation, managing internal and external stakeholders and working with Analysts to present to our credit committee. We pride ourselves on our quick turnaround.
- Maintain a healthy portfolio. You will maintain high quality relationships with customers with regular check-ins for portfolio monitoring purposes and to ensure we cater to their scaling needs.
- Innovate and expand. In a rapidly moving market and a largely untapped market, we look to IOs to develop new solar lending products to meet our customers’ and the sector’s evolving financing needs and facilitate entry into new markets.
- Build the SunFunder brand. You will regularly represent the company at conferences, seminars, webinars and other relevant events in the region or worldwide, as required. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining SunFunder’s strategic partnerships with investors, co-lenders, advisors and other industry participants.
- Support strategic initiatives. You will be actively involved in supporting and championing initiatives that accelerate our growth.
- Mentor investment analysts. You will be paired with an investment analyst for every transaction and it’s an important value of SunFunder to help others grow and develop professionally.
Method of application
- A passion for what we do and a demonstrated hunger to close deals. You will have at least 6 years experience in finance with a proven track record in sourcing, structuring and closing investments in renewable energy sectors.
- Strong Relationship Skills. You seamlessly interact with a variety of stakeholders at different levels in an organization. Your ability to analyze complex matters and present them clearly make you a trusted partner to work with for people inside and outside our organization. You know how to adjust your message to people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Technical know-how. You will have strong credit risk assessment, modeling, analytical and presentation skills. You will work closely with the analysts to prepare credit applications to present to the credit committee as well as work closely with the Risk team to monitor our portfolio.
- Reliable and accountable. SunFunder is a multi-cultural, distributed team. As such, it is most important that you are someone who over-communicates, is highly organized and results-oriented, is self-motivated and self disciplined. Our team and clients can count on you.
- Flexible and innovative. You have a proven track record of making things happen, willing to challenge the way we’re doing things, “get your hands dirty” and perform unglamorous roles from time to time, and ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
Method of application
Please send a brief cover letter and a 1-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, “Senior Investment Officer” in the subject line. Your cover letter should not summarise your CV, but rather specify why you believe you would be a good fit for the SunFunder team
Deadline: 30 April 2021. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.