Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Assist Accounting Manager with all aspects of Tala’s accounting department which includes, but is not limited to, the company’s consolidated financial statements, Statutory and Tax Audits, general ledger, portfolio accounting, payroll, accounts payable, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, budgeting, tax compliance, and various special analyses or projects.
- Maintain adequate and effective processes to improve the month end close and reporting cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations that may impact accounting, tax or the business and ensure adequate readiness to changes
- Follow corporate policies and procedures such as invoice processing, cash management and expense policies.
- Manage internal practices, policies, and all accounting to IFRS policies to ensure compliance
- Implement or enhance processes to further streamline and enable more accurate and timely reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely production of all financial information.
- Ad Hoc projects as they arise, we are a start-up after all!
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Related Field.
- 3+ years experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- Experience with managing multiple entities.
- Experience with international entities, ideally in emerging marketsStrong understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of local taxation in KE / prior experience dealing with KRA Audits/Requests
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Experience with Netsuite
- Experience in public accounting
- Experience working in consumer finance
- Experience working with IFRS reporting
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over the same.
- Works independently with minimal direction to set and achieve established goals
- Exceptional work ethic.