Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Prime Fuels (K) Ltd is a leading supplier of oils and petroleum products in East Africa and has one of the most well established distribution network in Africa.
Established under the leadership of Asif Abdulla, Primefuels is recognised as a trustworthy and professional logistics supplier provider of bulk liquid, dry cargo and petroleum supply, to various markets in the East Africa region. Although there are numerous players in the oil industry, Primefuels is unique because we enjoy the distinction of being the only company in the region which has significant footprint together with major assets and skilled expertise for both road and rail routes.
We began our endeavour with a modest quantity of 6 International Maritime Organization (IMO) tanks in the Kenyan territory. In the year 2001, Primefuels expanded services in Tanzania. Since then, the company has come a long way. Presently, we have a large fleet of 340 trucks and trailers in addition to 250 IMO and LPG tanks. And this fleet is capably managed by our strong team of professionals.
At Primefuels our logistics capability and knowledge is grounded in the identification of issues that our customers face as well as firsthand experience gained from serving the key industry sectors throughout East Africa over a 25 year history.
The ideal candidate be an excellent communicator, you should also demonstrate outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Application of Primefuels Group Safety policy
- Personnel management of a compliment of more than 50 staff (permanent and contracted) in the Stores, Tires, Fuels and Procurement section, issues relating to staff recruitment, training, supervision and performance appraisal.
- Overseeing 3 operating branches in Tanzania (DSM, Geita and Mbeya)
- Management of Fuel stock tanks of total storage capacity of more than 700,000 liters per month and approximate throughput of about 8,400,000 liters per annum
- Management of Spares stock with approximately value of 750,000$
- Tires management, approximately 6,000 tires
- Planning and ordering Fuel, Tires and Spares oversea and local.
- Assisting in planning spares for Primefuels Kenya team.
- Carry analysis and provide Metrix to show the performance of spares from different suppliers
- Budgeting and budget control for investment (CAPEX) for Stores and Procurement
- Involve in the Maintenance of company assets.
- Involve in the Internal and External Audits
- Set up and implementation of industry / group procedures and practices
- To make sure all stock supplies and inventories are well maintained.
- To ensure availability of spares through proper maintenance of inventories.
- To take inventories and stock of all items.
- To maintain stocks by implementing security systems and measures.
- To maintain the stores reputation by receiving good quality of items.
- To maintain inventory by implementing purchasing plans.
- To manage stock levels and make key decisions about stock control.
- To deal with staffing issues such as interviewing potential staff, conducting appraisals and performance reviews, as well as providing or organizing training and development.
- To respond workshop and operation complains.
- To received stock reports from all branches and make arrangements as per their requirements.
- To create code for new items.
- Procurement and Supply
- Responsible for procurement activities in the company.
- To receive request, review request and approve purchase orders.
- Research for new products in the market and general commodity requirements.
- Consigning new products purchasing agreements, preparation of PO’s and how to maintain purchase records for future use.
- To plan every month purchasing of spares (Fast-moving items) and lubricants.
- To receive items stock from store keeper to know which items are missing and plan for procurement.
- To make follow up on the purchases of urgent items needed by workshop and mechanics and operation departments.
- To coordinate with clearing and forwarding team
- Management of supply planning, stocks management, export and transit logistics.
- Product procurement in liaison with AMO-Supply and PBPA to sustain demand and business growth
- Product price management
- Draw up contracts for various services with third party service providers
- Application of Safety Managements Systems for all locations OSHA, FIRE and etc
- To be custodian for Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Policies and Procedures
- To ensure implementation of International standards and systems such as ISO & OHSAS
- Quality Control of products to be within Tanzania quality specifications as per TBS.
- Integrity Management
- Ensures that integrity critical equipment is identified, inspected, tested
- Ensure that all the safety critical barriers have a maintenance plan
- Actively Participates in sites Technical Integrity reviews and Integrity Steering Committees
- Ensures the implementation of compensatory measures associated with degraded situations
- Fuel transportation and stock management (storage, quality, movement planning, loss control)
- Tires transportation and stock management (storage, quality, movement planning, loss control)
- Optimize operating costs and make proposals of assets improvement (equipment maintenance, etc)
- Maintaining HSSE, KPI’s, procedures, stocks, losses, reliability, service and efficiency
- Transport rates negotiation, transport optimization
- Company’s assets maintenance in line with the budget
- Outsource service providers and contract preparation
- Contractor appointment and management
- Evaluate and monitor maintenance contractors
- General Management
- Formulating and implementing Departments action plan
- Management of staff: social responsibility, recruitment, training, supervising and annual performance evaluation.
- Prepare monthly reports on stores activities, ongoing projects and update projections for planned spares requirements and procurement.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Effectively engages individuals and groups in meaningful discussion; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed; Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
Degree in Business, Commerce, Logistics, Procurement, Supply chain management, Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, and/or Computer Science is required.
10+ years of Stores Management in Transport, Logistics, Manufacturing, Mining and/or Construction Industry is required.
- Communication Skills
- Verbal / Nonverbal – Convey easily and quickly any message; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens attentively and seeks clarification; Responds well to questions; Maintain professional nonverbal communication analogous to situation
- Written – Writes clearly and informatively with a high level of sophistication; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret complex written information.
- Presentation – Presents clearly and informatively, easily maintaining audience attention and responding to audience needs; Able to facilitate discussion, progress effectively, and manage audience as needed
- Computer Skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Programs including, but not limited to: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Power Point, Access.
- ERP experience: knowledge of SAP will be an added Advantage