Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and other forms of violence and provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles. The ICRC’s Regional Delegation in Nairobi is a hub that co-ordinates the institution’s humanitarian activities in Kenya, Tanzania, and Djibouti and hosts the organizations’ regional logistics, technical, and training support units serving the Horn and Great Lakes Region.
The GIS Data & Analytics Manager 1 supports and monitors the data management processes by the departments, collects, analyses, stores, and displays all relevant geographic information available internally and externally necessary for GIS mapping to enable evidence-based decisions and improvements in data entry, quality, support, and analytics. S/he produces all standard and ad-hoc maps required by ICRC delegation management. This is a Kenyan national position.
- Identify priority themes of interest within the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) and the African Union decentralized Organs;
- Applies best practices, standards, guidelines and templates for geographic data management and analytics, and works on continuous improvement;
- Keep Geographic Data Management documentation updated;
- Supports the development and implementation of assessment with a strong Geo component, analysis, monitoring and evaluations plans aligned to ICRC operational standards;
- Providing support to the Institution in getting to a global picture of material living conditions, and in the understanding of the causes of problems, often complex and cross-cutting (health, food security, water etc), in rural and urban settings in situations of crisis, as well as in places of detention;
- Responsible for networking with external actors to upgrade the quality and extend the coverage of geo-data;
- Constitutes a strong role of the GIS for the region in the conception of maps, the consolidation and the analysis of geographical data, and the accompaniment of the delegations in their projects with spatial reference;
- Regular GIS Support Mission to neighbouring countries (Sub-delegations, Offices, etc.) including reporting with action points and ensuring professional network internally and externally;
- Organize and maintain the geo-database of the delegation. Filing and storing of geo-data and meta-data following ICRC GIS guidelines;
- To maintain Geographic Referential (within Synergy or new tools); Prepares and maintains full Geo-referential data for neighbouring countries and beyond if requested;
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision;
- Contributes to the development of the data model and maintenance of the geographic referential and operational data that supports geo-analysis;
- Ensures geographic data consolidation for the countries covered, at regional and with Headquarters.
- Must have a degree from a recognized university in GIS or related field;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a similar field;
- Proven geo-data management and map-making skills with ESRI ArcGIS 10 software;
- Experience in an international organization or NGO;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset);
- Certificate of good conduct.
How to Apply
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before 02nd April 2021 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc), and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department via the email address provided below:
– E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference GIS and Data Analytics Manager 1 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.