Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Systems Engineer
The Senior Systems Engineer is the principal advisor and technical expert on all aspects of DoS and Commercial Off the Shelf software at post and is supervised by the Information Management Officer (IMO). The incumbent is responsible for remotely supporting all DoS Software upgrades including the Chancery, Tactical Operations Center, Alternative Residential Compound 1, and Alternative Residential Compound 2, and USAID/Mogadishu. He/She is responsible for Management of the Embassy’s SharePoint site and basic Web Design at Post. Incumbent is also the Assistant System Manager and remotely Manages the OpenNet LAN/WAN and the Domestic Internet Network (DIN) when the Information Management Officer (IMO) is not available. The Senior Systems Engineer assists with resource management, system and project planning, electronic document administration, development, administering, and evaluating post system software requirements.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Minimum of five years of progressively more responsible experience in the IT field. The Experience must include: Management of Software and Hardware programs in a Local Area Network environment, Computer/technical management experience in a large organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- Language: Level III English (Good working knowledge Writing/Speaking/Reading (This may be tested) is required.
- Skills and abilities: Efficient and effective management of posts’ LAN/WAN/MAN systems so to provide post with the necessary tools to accomplish Mission goals and objectives. Must be able to prioritize competing demands from systems’ users. Individual must be capable of working without direct supervision.
- Equal Employment opportunity: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Nairobi, Kenya may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
- Click here to apply