Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Train HIAS staff to enhance advocacy and capacity in the prevention of VAWG during COVID-19.
- Train HIAS staff on safe use of new approaches and technologies in remote service delivery to survivors, safe and ethical remote data collection and change management skills that support adaptive and responsive problem solving.
- Strengthen HIAS staff capacity in contextualization of remote service delivery to vulnerable women and girls, enhance safety of staff and reduce the impact of COVID-19 economic strain of households in responding and preventing VAWG.
- Increase knowledge and capacity of HIAS staff through change management process and problem-solving skills.
- Develop the training content for 12 staff webinars to be delivered through interactive activities, methodologies and discussions;
- Draft the methodology and training/workshop schedule and submit to HIAS for review and approval;
- Finalize the methodology and training/workshop schedule as approved by HIAS;
- A work-plan on how the consultancy will be executed
- Conduct the training/workshop; based on the approved methodology and training/workshop schedule,
- Conduct the evaluation of the training/workshop;
- Report on the trainings/workshops. The 12 HIAS staff webinars are as follows:
- Internal change management and problem-solving webinars
- Internal remote trainings on safe use of technology for supporting survivors
- Internal remote trainings on ethical and safe remote data collection
- Internal remote trainings on primary prevention of VAWG in the time of COVID-19
The following will be the expected deliverables and outputs of the consultancy:
- Work plan for developing the training/workshops, including strategy and proposed methodologies.
- Evaluation of the trainer/facilitator work, based on evaluation forms received from participants;
- Successful facilitation of the training/workshop.
- Technical advice and support to participants during the training/workshop
- A complete final report on the implementation of the tasks after finishing the training/workshops.
- Soft copies of all presentations and training notes.
- Develop tools for measuring training outcomes e.g. pre and post-test questions
- HIAS has improved knowledge, skills and capacities to maintain or adapt EVAWG interventions during COVID-19 pandemic or other crises.
- HIAS has improved capacity to conduct remote service delivery, webinars and data collection, as well as change management skills that support adaptive and responsive problem solving.
- HIAS staff has enhanced safety and capacity to respond to GBV incidences without exposure to COVID-19 and a can have safe and effective remote reporting mechanism, which allows women and girls to report GBV incidences.
- HIAS Gender and GBV Program Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination of all the training needs and tasks with the Consultant. In addition,
- The GBV Prevention Coordinator will provide all the necessary technical and operational support required throughout the training process.
- HIAS GBV Regional Technical Advisor and Technical Director will provide technical review of all training content.
- HIAS will also oversee the coordination and set up of the remote trainings.
Developing of training agenda including appropriate methodology for the training.
Reviewing existing information, preparing training outlines and objectives.
Facilitate 12 HIAS staff webinars are as follows:
internal change management and problem-solving webinars.
internal remote trainings on safe use of technology for supporting survivors
internal remote trainings on ethical and safe remote data collection.
internal remote trainings on primary prevention of VAWG in the time of COVID-19.
CONSULTANCY COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
A consultant with experience in remote capacity building on ending violence against women and girls while observing ethical consideration and cultural diversity.
Experience in training participants on protecting the rights of respondents including privacy and confidentiality during remote service delivery or data collection.
Must be experienced in training participants on collecting sensitive information and specifically data relating to VAWG.
Experience in providing capacity building on how to handle individuals in situations of risk of violence and how they can seek support.
Prior experience in developing participatory training and completing workshops/trainings.
Experience working in the humanitarian sector and with refugees in urban settings preferably in Kenya will be an added advantage.
Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of the GBV trends in Kenya especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTSQualified and interested parties are asked to submit the following:
- Letter of interest in submission of a proposal.
- A detailed technical proposal, with budget, clearly demonstrating a thorough understanding of this ToR and including but not limited to the following;
- Consultant/Company Profile
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar assignments and qualifications outlined in this ToR. Please attach a previous training report where applicable.
- Team composition and level of effort of each proposed team member (include CVs of each team member).
HOW TO APPLY
All the information should be prepared and uploaded in a file and sent to: Tender Committee, (email@example.com).The deadline for submission is at 5.00 PM on 6th April, 2021.