Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees-including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities-whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
The overall goal of HIAS’ global GBV Prevention and Response programming is for forcibly displaced refugee women, girls, sexual and gender minorities to pursue their potential and to access their human and legal rights, free from violence and oppression. This means HIAS GBV programming works to ensure;
- Forcibly displaced women, girls, sexual and gender minorities face a reduced risk of GBV,
- Survivors of sexual and physical violence have access to coordinated psychosocial, health, and legal services,
- Family, community, and institutions support refugee women, girls, sexual and gender minorities in accessing and using their rights.
HIAS uses a survivor-centered, community-based approach. Our programs consider the voices and needs of survivors and prioritize their leadership in program design and implementation. HIAS works with communities’ natural systems in order to optimize support for survivors, building partnerships to promote and protect the rights of survivors, women, girls, sexual and gender minorities. This approach enables HIAS to meet the safety, psychosocial, economic, and justice needs of survivors; facilitate their access to appropriate care; and empower communities to lead efforts that challenge beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that perpetuate or condone violence against women, girls, sexual and gender minorities in the community.
HIAS seeks to recruit a Reliever Cook who will support the existing cooks in their responsibilities whenever there is need at the Safe House.
The cook will participate in the preparation and serving of meals at the safe house including the following functions.
- Oversee and participate in the preparation, cooking and serving of well balanced main meals to shelter residents.
- Arrange and direct the appropriate storage of food and supplies
- Determine quantities to be cooked and size of portions to be served, taking into account total population of the safe house
- Check quantity and quality of stock received and notify Head Cook of any deficiencies
- Ensure that high standards of hygiene and health are maintained in the kitchen
- Preparation of kitchen daily consumption reports
- In liaison with the store keeper do requests for the kitchen
- Maintaining safety standards throughout all food preparation and storage areas;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- A certificate in Hotel and catering management or food and beverage
- Must have a valid medical certificate
- Should have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the catering industry
Skills & Competencies:
- Ability to accurately read, measure, convert and follow recipes and assemble ingredients according to cooking standards and recipes.
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing member of a team to ensure deadlines, goals and objectives are met.
- Comprehensive understanding of Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure; Night shifts, Weekends and public holidays.
- Experience of high volume catering in a busy work place.
- Fully conversant with various cooking methods like boiling, baking, frying, roasting and steaming.
Method of application
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating the Vacancy Number HRTK/RC/03/2021 on the subject line. Closing Date: 1st April, 2021 5.00pm
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Late applications will not be considered.
HRTK is an equal opportunity employer, does not charge candidates for recruitment and dissociates itself from any entity defrauding candidates.