Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
What you will do
- You will work closely with Product and Engineering leaders to contribute to the most valuable areas of technical decision making, advancing key initiatives and reducing risk on critical projects.
- You will drive technology R&D and product innovation through rapid prototyping to evolve KOKO’s technology stack so that teams can deliver the most valuable products to KOKO users
- You will serve as a technical authority and represent the full internal and external capabilities of our platforms within and outside the Product and Engineering teams
- You will provide technical mentorship and guidance to help us build a world class team of engineers
- You will help others to improve the quality of their work through regular design and code reviews
- You will help build the engineering culture at KOKO, ensuring it is positioned to attract similar minded people with a passion for using technology to tackle hard challenges.
What You Will Bring to KOKO
- Strong track record leading, developing, and delivering significant software projects with 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Significant experience in the following areas with deep expertise in a few: enterprise application and service based architectures, software design patterns, messaging protocols, cyber security, distributed application development, modern front-end design, highly scalable data architectures
- Significant experience in making architectural decisions that allow multiple teams to deliver independently
- Well developed skills in designing for testability, reliability, security and maintainability.
- Evangelist for Agile practices, able to work with product leaders to support engineering team members in delivering in an agile manner to deliver on key goals.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, who is calm and decisive under pressure.
- Empathy for your colleagues, encouraging team members to think creatively while knowing where to intervene to tackle tough problems and navigate conflicts.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Discounted health insurance with no-cost financing for you and your dependents (in Kenya)
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- Ongoing investment in you and your skills, incl. full access to over 5,000 online courses
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop