Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The National Council for Population and Development (NCPD) is a Semi-Autonomous Government Agency in the National Treasury and Ministry of Planning.
The Council seeks to fill the following vacant positions:
ADVERT NO: 001/2021
POSITION: SENIOR POPULATION PROGRAMME OFFICER
JOB GRADE: NCPD 5
NO.OF POSITIONS: 1
Reports to: Assistant Director of Population.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities in this division will entail:-
Research, Policy Planning and Development Division.
- Undertaking research on population issues; analysis of Research documents prepared by stakeholders and development of research papers;
- Implementation and updating of National Population Policy;
- Development of Policy briefs; and data entry and analysis.
Programme Coordination and Monitoring Division
- Collecting, receiving and analyzing programme data and assessing their impact on population issues; formulating and appraising project proposals; developing annual and quarterly work plans; assisting in coordinating international and regional programmes; and developing Plans of Action.
Communication, Advocacy and Public Education Division
- In this Division the officer will assist in development of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) population messages and materials; development of advocacy materials; dissemination of information to the public through publications, barazas, Newsletter, mass media, electronic media, Public Shows and exhibitions, conferences etc,; and participate in carrying out advocacy for support of population programmes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
i) Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Population Studies or Demography;
Masters in Public Health, Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Economics, Population Health, and Political Science with post graduate diploma in Population Studies or Demography from a recognized institution;
ii) Bachelor degree in any of the following disciplines:- Population Studies or Demography, Public Health; Sociology, Anthropology, Geography, Economics, Population Health, and Political Science qualification from a recognized institution;
iii) Member of Population Association of Kenya, Union of Africa Population Studies or International Union for the Scientific Studying of Population;
iv) A total of at least 5 years’ experience and 3 years in supervisory level.
v) Senior Management Course or its equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks or its equivalent will be an added advantage
vi) Shown merit and competency in data collection, data processing and report writing;
vii) Met Chapter six of the Constitution;
viii) Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letter together with detailed CV indicating three (3) names of references, current position/grade and daytime telephone numbers, copies of academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a copy of National Identity Card/Passport to the address below;
The Director General
National Council for Population and Development
P. O. Box 48994-00100
NAIROBI – KENYA
Hand – Delivered applications can be delivered to National Council for Population and Development head office situated at the Chancery Building, 4th floor, Valley Road.
- In addition, applicants are required to attach copies of current Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations:,
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority, Clearance from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB),
- Kenya Credit Reference Bureau and Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- Applications to reach the Council on or before 9th April, 2021. The advert number should be indicated on the envelope and the application letter.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NCPD is an equal opportunity employer; persons with disabilities and people from marginalized groups with requisite qualification are encouraged to apply.