Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
To perform a range of HR tasks to support accurate implementation of WFP policies and procedures and facilitate the effective functioning of a client-focused and strategy-oriented HR services.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other relevant fields.
Working Experience: Three to five years’ experience of providing progressively responsible support in general administrative work, including at least three years in human resources or other related field.
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of general HR administrative work practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
• Good communication skills and basic understanding of HR principles and their application in order to respond to and resolve general HR queries.
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
• Ability to collate and compile relevant data from a variety of sources in order to produce periodic reports for supervisor(s).
• Ability to monitor and record personnel files and documentation in an organised manner and in line with compliance standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 1/2 (not all-inclusive)
1. Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high quality HR services are delivered to clients.
2. Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
3. Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters, i.e. payroll, contracts, etc. and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
4. Extract and compile HR data on staff recruitment and selection, contractual conditions, entitlements, performance and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
5. Provide administrative support in various HR activities in the areas of work allocated by the professional officer including on boarding of new staff members in compliance with relevant processes and procedures.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 2/2
6. Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
7. Draft various HR documentation required for the specific area of work (e.g. employment contracts, transfer letters, training-related documents, etc.) ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
8. Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. contract expiration, PACE, etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of HR data.
9. Support staff deployment and related administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service enabling WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Fixed Term – 65
Regional Bureau of Eastern Africa, Nairobi
12 Months (Renewable)
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
April 8, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.