Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetime. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The WFP Regional Bureau for Eastern and Central Africa (RBN) is based in Nairobi and provides strategic direction, technical guidance, resource mobilization and management support to WFP operations and activities in ten countries: Burundi, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan , Sudan and Uganda.
The Regional Bureau is looking for a highly qualified and dynamic HR Officer proficient in Learning & Development who can be deployed to support the Regional Bureau and RBN Country Offices in coordinating and deploying various learning interventions in line with the RBN Capability Development Investment Case and training calendar to close identified critical functional and cross-functional capability gaps.
The HR Officer will support skills development in the Regional Bureau and the Country Offices by coordinating and deploying WFP Corporate Programmes in line with global capability development priorities e.g. Supervisory Skills Programme, Middle Managers Programme, Horizon Programme etc.
The HR Officer will also support the Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning strategy in liaison with the RBN Knowledge Management focal points.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Human Resource Management, Public or Business Administration, Industrial Psychology or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/courses. Typically one or more years of postgraduate professional experience in Human Resources with an interest in international humanitarian development.
Experience:5-7 years of experience in providing HR services, experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and other learning initiatives within a large organization(s).
Language: Fluency in English, both oral and written. Intermediate knowledge of other UN language would be an advantage.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Proven track record of effectively owning, managing, and delivering projects within Learning & Development.
• Excellent communication/presentation skills.
• Able to manipulate data on MS Excel and create impactful reports and presentations to communicate qualitative and quantitative information.
• Good working knowledge of learning and development theory and practice and adult learning principles, tools, and methodologies.
• Ability to partner with senior managers to understand priorities and provide expert advice and innovative solutions to support capability development goals.
• Self-motivated and able to work with a high degree of autonomy in a remote/hybrid working environment.
• Collaborative spirit, able to partner with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
Under the direct supervision of the HR Officer for Learning & development, the HR Officer will:
1. Plan, coordinate and deploy various learning interventions in line with the RBN Capability Development Investment Case and training calendar to close identified critical functional and cross-functional capability gaps.
2. Support the implementation of WFP corporate capability development programmes in the Regional Bureau and Country Offices in line with the corporate learning priorities and calendar.
3. Lead the development and/or implementation of locally developed learning programmes to address current and future skill and capability gaps within the Regional Bureau and supporting the RBN Country Offices.
4. Create and publish the quarterly RBN HR Engage Newsletter with relevant and engaging content drawn from different units and Country offices in RBN.
5. Develop and implement other initiatives to drive learning and development within the Regional Bureau and Country Offices e.g. to increase usage of WeLearn, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Learning at Work Week etc.
6. Conduct research on latest learning approaches/ innovation and trends in organizational learning and incorporate into the skills development plans.
7. Prepare learning content, coordinate and/or co- facilitate the delivery of in-house learning programmes.
8. Coordinate the vendor identification process in close liaison with Procurement team.
9. Identify Continuous improvement opportunities in our processes and coordinate the implementation of approved plans timeously.
10. Other, as required.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Type of Contract:
Service Contract -SC8
Regional Bureau of Eastern Africa, Nairobi
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
April 8, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.