Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes..
Why Join WFP Somalia
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates/students across the globe. The programme will provide selected candidates/students with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote better understanding of WFP Somalia’s mandate and programmes. Similarly, the programme will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP Somalia’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. You will be part of a dynamic team that effectively identifies, monitors, evaluates, and manages the organization’s strategic, operational, fiduciary and financial risks in support of WFP’s country strategic plan for Somalia.
This position is open to all qualified candidates, and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in posting Expression of Interest (EOI) and Request for Information (RFI) advertisements on UNGM.
- Supplier submissions and current details are recorded in the electronic registry in their respective folders for ease of access.
- Assist in running periodic checks for suppliers in the UN sanctions list via the Contractor Information Management System (CIMS).
- Assist in preparation of meeting minutes and presentation of supplier submissions to the Vendor Management Committee (VMC) for verification.
- Periodic update of the supplier roster with new approved submissions by the VMC.
- Assist in sending out registration status to suppliers I.e. for Intend registration or submission of missing documents for consideration.
- Assist in compilation of supplier tender participation report.
- Any other related duties as required.
Education: The Internship Programme is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate programme (e.g. bachelor’s degree) from a recognized university and attended classes in the past 12 months.
- currently enrolled in a graduate programme (e.g. master’s degree) from a recognized university and have attended classes in the past 12 months.
- Currently undertaking Supply Chain, Procurement or Logistics as your University subject
Knowledge & Skills:
- Desire to learn about and develop key skills in the field of HR, and more specifically, in HR projects and HR processes.
- Flexible work style and approach based on client needs.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Team player and problem solver.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills; high attention to details.
- Ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in an organized way.
- Technology savvy; ability to think out-of-the box and to come up with innovative ideas.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package, particularly of Excel and PowerPoint.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English is a requirement. Additional UN language is an added advantage
Terms and Conditions
- Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your degree.
- Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
Applicants are required to submit online applications through E-recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 4th April 2021
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.