Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Working closely with the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, the person is charged with coordinating and maintaining strategic relationships with various actors to resolve taxpayer concerns and build strong working relationships that enhance institutional trust in tax administration. S/he will coordinate tracking and monitoring of emerging taxpayer/stakeholder issues, and prepare briefs and insights to management for planning of key engagement activities within assigned taxpayer sectors. The person will also plan and execute public participation forums in implementation of new policies, Laws and projects, and assist in managing high-level issue correspondence between KRA and stakeholders.
Key performance areas
Advocacy, Networking & Partnerships
- Develop and successful deliver stakeholder engagement plans in accordance with the overarching stakeholder engagement strategy
- Manage stakeholder mapping and prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries
- Liaise with the policy units across various departments in execution of engagement on tax policy and legislative matters.
- Provide briefings and support to technical teams for meetings with stakeholders
- Arrange and attend stakeholder meetings with technical team members and ensure feedback of stakeholder responses and requests to technical teams are responded to within agreed timescales
- Prepare and manage workshops, roundtable and forum logistics including developing agendas, project plans, minute taking and production of reports
- Ensure accurate audit trail maintained of all stakeholder engagement and all contact/activities are recorded on stakeholder database
- Attend taxpayer-facing meetings, collaborative planning workshops and report to client on progress
- Regularly review success of stakeholder engagements and advise team on the best way to influence particular stakeholders.
- Network with key stakeholders to gather intelligence on their policies, attitudes, current work and upcoming publications/announcements
- Lead on generation of information on various stakeholder fora and KRA’s role, interest in and benefits from those platforms as relate to KRA business.
- Ensure efficient flow of knowledge to and from international platforms for KRA’s organizational development and for international influencing
- Ensure development and dissemination of advocacy materials – policy briefs etc – for influencing tax practice and attracting taxpayer confidence
- Manage stakeholder events and functions, and oversee their execution to enhance KRA’s institutional reputation and profile.
Organizational & People Management
- Support implementation of the Stakeholder Engagement Strategy and related policy frameworks
- Continuously articulate to staff and ensure their conformity to KRA, M & C and the division’s vision, mission and core values
- Stand in for the Manager on request
- Any other request by line manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Communication, Business Administration, or Law is required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience with at least two (2) years in Supervisory Level.
- Solid track record of managing institutional stakeholder relations, especially government agencies, private sector agencies, civil society, and interest groups.
- Familiarity with top-level tax issues affecting institutional taxpayers
- Experience of building and managing teams
- High level of numeracy, budgeting, reporting and IT skills
- Highly developed diplomacy and influencing skills
- Willingness to collaborate, innovate and ability to think systematically;
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with wide range of stakeholders both verbally and in writing in English.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 10th April, 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.