Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that is building a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa. Our tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually. In November 2020, CNN published a feature on Lori and how its robust technology will transform African economies and their ability to compete on the global stage.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors and recently entered a partnership with Imperial Logistics, the largest logistics provider in Africa. Today, Lori moves goods across nearly 20 countries in East, West, and Southern Africa.
2021 is set to be our most exciting year yet as we continue to massively scale, and provide the revolutionary logistics software solutions that our customers need.
The Lori team of ~130 employees is led by entrepreneurs obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Uche Ogboi, COO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi, Nigerian native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
Lori is seeking a hands-on Senior Python/Django Back-end Engineer to join our Product team. As a Back-End Engineer, you will be responsible for making engineering design decisions and developing features about the back-end. You will also be expected to be a role model for coding standards, tools, platforms and other best practices for the back-end team. **NOTE: this role is remote and can be based anywhere in a similar time zone to EAT/WAT.
What you’ll work on:
- Leading the design and development of back-end features and components
- Collaborating with other engineers in API design and development
- Scaling the back-end architecture and codebase
- Reducing the level of technical debt of the back-end codebase
- Stewarding technical standards and quality
- Interface with product and other functional teams and their leadership
- Provide peer code review
- Analyze and assess code with an insistence on quality and reliability
- BSc in Computer Science or related engineering degree
- 5+ years of software development work experience
- Experience building enterprise level SaaS platforms
- Experience with our stack: Python, Django, ElasticSearch, OAuth, Postgres, Redis, Redshift, AWS Cloud
- Experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like MySQL, Django, Redis, Python, RESTFul APIs, etc.
- Experience building and deploying complex but well architected, maintainable, and testable application backends
- Strong object-oriented programming and test driven development skills
- Great communication skills, interacting with development, testing and product team members
- Experience working as part of an agile team and knowledge of agile process
- DevOps Experience
- ReactJS, NodeJS
- MSc. in Computer Science or Mathematics
- Experience in a fast paced top tech startup environment