Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that is building a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa. Our tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually. In November 2020, CNN published a feature on Lori and how its robust technology will transform African economies and their ability to compete on the global stage.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors and recently entered a partnership with Imperial Logistics, the largest logistics provider in Africa. Today, Lori moves goods across nearly 20 countries in East, West, and Southern Africa.
2021 is set to be our most exciting year yet as we continue to massively scale, and provide the revolutionary logistics software solutions that our customers need.
The Lori team of ~130 employees is led by entrepreneurs obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Uche Ogboi, COO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi, Nigerian native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
What you’ll work on:
- Assist other engineering teams in maintaining of software in ensuring at least 99.99% availability of the platform
- Maintain our code deployment and management infrastructure
- Help Define framework and tools to be used in management of code quality across the engineering organization
- Partnering with engineering teams to automate & optimize service availability, scalability, performance, monitoring, and alerting
- Monitor site reliability and participate in efforts to improve reliability and scalability
- Find and address software and systems performance concerns
- At least 2 years’ experience working with server-side programming languages, preferably python
- Experience with microservices
- Deep knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of best practices in continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools and workflows, such as Git/Gitflow
- Working knowledge of GraphQL will be an added advantage
- Proven experience supporting a distributed architecture
- Strong Familiarity with Azure & Amazon Web Services
- Deep understanding of configuration management, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools (for example, Ansible, Terraform, Salt, or Puppet)