Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lori is a venture-backed, rapidly growing start-up that is building a cutting-edge, tech-driven, logistics services platform that seamlessly coordinates haulage across frontier markets. With a mission to reduce the cost of goods, Lori is tackling a massive issue – $180 billion is spent annually on haulage across Africa, and up to 75% of a product’s cost is due to logistics (compared to 6% in the US).
Lori was recognized as the fastest growing start-up in Africa and won Techcrunch’s Battlefield Africa. Our tech-enabled and operations-driven marketplace efficiently connects transport to cargo. The system brings transparency to the logistics industry and has significantly improved flexibility, reliability, and cost savings (upwards of 20%). Billions of dollars of cargo move through the Lori platform annually. In November 2020, CNN published a feature on Lori and how its robust technology will transform African economies and their ability to compete on the global stage.
The market demand for Lori’s platform is increasing exponentially. To continue this pace of growth, Lori closed a landmark raise from globally leading institutional and strategic investors and recently entered a partnership with Imperial Logistics, the largest logistics provider in Africa. Today, Lori moves goods across nearly 20 countries in East, West, and Southern Africa.
2021 is set to be our most exciting year yet as we continue to massively scale, and provide the revolutionary logistics software solutions that our customers need.
The Lori team of ~130 employees is led by entrepreneurs obsessed with revolutionizing logistics in Africa:
- Josh Sandler, CEO: industrialization + logistics work, Harvard MBA/MPA-ID, South African native
- Jean-Claude Homawoo, CPO: Product Lead at Google, VP Strategy at iRoko; Harvard MBA, Togolese native
- Uche Ogboi, COO: Principal at EchoVC (TPG Growth investment platform), Investment Banker at Citi, Nigerian native
- Alan Elliott, CFO: 30+ yrs senior financial and operational management experience in logistics, supply chain, and manufacturing, South African native
Lori is looking for talented Product Managers to join our technology team to develop solutions and implement requirements to support the growth of Lori’s products worldwide. This includes building, launching and landing software applications and working closely with our engineering and other product teams to define requirements to launch effective products. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers and data scientists to design and develop technologies that optimize haulage and cargo movement on the continent. You’ll be responsible for guiding products throughout the development cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, defining, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to the markets where Lori does business, and users for whom we build those solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Launch products on a regular sprint cycle
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Design products to align with business strategy and stakeholder requirements
- Own adoption and product excellence across organization
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or related technical field
- Min. 5+ years of product management experience
- Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies
- Experience in B2B, SAAS, Fintech or data science a big plus
- Experience across multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Mobile development, Finance or Marketing a plus
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment,
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Master of Science or Business a plus