Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nanyuki water and sewerage company is a corporate entity established under company act, cap 486 of laws of Kenya as a agent of Northern Water Services Board with mandate of providing water and sanitation services within Nanyuki Municipality and its environs on self sustaining basis.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, the main role of the M&E Officer shall be:
Coordinating and reporting on various NAWASCO’s activities outcomes and impact, through timely collection of data and accurate reporting.
Coordination across all NAWASCO functions and activities.
To bring enthusiasm and rigour to the role which informs strategic decision-making as well as informs other stakeholders about how WSP is performing.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defining, assessing, facilitating and developing M&E functions for NAWASCO.
- Prepare a detailed work plan for the development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) System for NAWASCO.
- Developing indicators, data collection monitoring forms and reporting mechanisms.
- Organizing capacity assessments, project data collection activities, analysis, and present programme information to evaluate performance and inform decision-making.
- Contribute to the design of and conducting surveys and special studies across the blocks to assess programme interventions and/or supervise field data collection.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of data collection tools to be used for routine monitoring.
- Facilitate collection of quality data from the different blocks and enter these into a central data base under the supervision of the Technical Manager.
- Contribute to annual programme reviews including review of the M&E Plan.
- Periodically update and maintain the database and manage data in order that it is accessible to staff.
- Organize and facilitate M&E training workshops for staff and partners and demystify M&E concepts.
- Provide M&E information to management and teams for decision making, management and improving programme strategy/interventions.
- To analyses data based on regular monitoring for both learning and reporting purposes as well as providing evidence-based feedback to staff and a wider team.
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual reports reflecting project performance and impact result indicators.
- Interpret and disseminate M&E findings vis-à-vis program goals, objectives and activities to different audiences.
- Any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- University degree in any of the following disciplines: Statistics, Economics, Program Management, Monitoring and &Evaluation, Strategic Planning.
- At least three years’ professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation programs in Water sector.
- Experience in managing quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis, soliciting information from individuals of varying socio-economic, ethnic, and linguistic backgrounds.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills directly related to the work in the water sector, including excellent writing skills;
- Strong computer skill, proficiency in MS Application.
- Knowledge in website content management systems and data management software like statistical packages (SPSS and STATA etc.) is an added advantage;
- Ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team, excellent interpersonal skills, analytical and attentive to detail;
- Capacity and willingness to produce high quality reports.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Method of application
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the position, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 12th April, 2021 at 5:00pm. Submit your application with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to;
The Managing Director,
Nanyuki Water & Sewerage Company,
P.O Box 995 – 10400,
NAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.