Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nanyuki water and sewerage company is a corporate entity established under company act, cap 486 of laws of Kenya as a agent of Northern Water Services Board with mandate of providing water and sanitation services within Nanyuki Municipality and its environs on self sustaining basis.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager the successful candidate shall assist the Technical Services Manager in:
Management of Non-Revenue Water
Implementation of NRW reduction strategy
Developing and implementation of NRW reduction plans
NRW policy enforcement
Specific Duties And Responsibilities:
- Spearheading establishment of NRW management unit plans and targets with workable succession plans in NAWASCO.
- Coordination of drawing up of programs and action plans for the NAWASCO to implement in NRW reduction.
- Closely and strictly enforcing the implementation of the drawn-up programs and action plans.
- Enforcing of all the targets related directly to NRW reduction and management.
- Assisting and guiding WSP on appropriate consumer mapping.
- Dissemination of new and modern information and techniques for NRW reduction and management to the WSP entire fraternity.
- Developing/improving and strictly enforcing policies and procedures on: Meter reading/servicing/testing and replacement, disconnection/reconnection, pipeline status inspections/maintenance, leaks/bursts establishment and repairs, illegal connections, 100% metering by NAWASCO in its daily operation.
- Assisting WSP to carry out staff (all) training and capacity building on NRW reduction strategies to raise awareness levels.
- Help establish adequate documentation/record keeping and reporting structures and systems and enforcing them by the WSP.
- Collating and analyzing the NRW data and advising the WSP on progress and any interventions that may be necessary at any point in time.
- Assisting WSP in sensitizing customers on NRW management as this is a concerted effort by all parties.
- Advising the WSP on specific resource requirements for each zone and project with regard to NRW management strategies and issues in its area of jurisdiction.
- Safe custody, maintenance and administration of the pooled NRW reduction resources like leak detection equipment, ultrasonic flow meters among others for use by the WSP.
- Leading the WSP in undertaking the NRW reduction operations on the ground among others.
- Shall propose various interventions necessary to be incorporated in the various projects and utilities (old or new) at the different levels of project cycle i.e. design, implementation or operation and maintenance.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Degree holder in Water Engineering or Social Sciences with at least 10 years’ experience in NRW management.
- Experience in implementing donor funded NRW project
- Demonstrated practical experience in NRW management within water utility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Method of application
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the position, please submit your application including a detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, National Identification card, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees by 12th April, 2021 at 5:00pm. Submit your application with the respective Job Reference Number clearly marked to;
The Managing Director,
Nanyuki Water & Sewerage Company,
P.O Box 995 – 10400,
NAWASCO is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.