Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head of Enterprise Architecture – (21000087)
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Director; Information Technology, the role holder is responsible for designing architecture at enterprise level to ensure business strategy and technology trends are implemented in Safaricom technology. This role is accountable for the development of technology principles, standards and patterns that are highly reusable across multiple enterprise solutions. The role will also lead design and architecture reviews of significant technology projects. The role holder will collaborate with business and technology teams as well as external stakeholders to set direction to achieve modern, open standard and simple architectures.
- Manage target architecture vision and roadmap in alignment with Safaricom strategy.
- Oversee and lead the design, development, and deployment of enterprise architecture practices, standards, frameworks and patterns.
- Scout and test new technologies and vendors to enable innovation and identify technical enablers.
- Build, recruit, retain, manage and develop a world-class digital architecture team and organization
- Provide thought leadership on foundational enterprise architecture and IT strategy best practices and disruptive technology trajectory and implications.
- Defines technical development priorities for talent, identifying training needs and opportunities.
- Analyze technology industry and market trends and determine potential impact on business. Recommend technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate in the business plans.
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of hardware and software product standards.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive technical blueprint of the team’s services, creating solution options that align IT services with business sponsor’s missions, goals and objectives with consideration of both technical and non-technical implications and trade-offs.
- Oversee implementation of solution architecture by producing blueprints that guide the development and implementation of business solutions across multiple projects, providing direction to technical teams during project delivery and ensuring implementations support technology and business roadmaps.
- Develop and maintain the technology roadmap for assigned area, collaborating with business and IT partners to ensure that the roadmap creates business value with technically sound solutions and seeking out opportunities to apply technical innovations to customer needs.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in software engineering, or any other related field
- Minimum ten years of experience in systems architecture, solution design and solution implementation.
- Minimum eight years of experience in a project lead role, either managing or advising small to medium project teams.
- Five or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
- Extensive experience in IT strategic planning, organization design and development
- Experience in leading large architecture teams operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts
- Experience in business capability modelling and technical and solution architecture development in a digital business context
- Experience in working in complex IT environment, layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, multiple technologies and processing environments.
Requirements for the applicants
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hard copy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
Click here to apply Deadline is 4th April,2021