Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REF: TUR/CPSB/001/2020/2021: COUNTY SOLICITOR JOB GROUP ‘S’, ONE (1) POST.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, coordinate and manage administrative and legal functions of the Office;
- Shall be the Principal assistant of the County Attorney in execution of functions of the office;
- Conduct or assign and supervise all cases, including appeals or petitions on behalf of the County Attorney;
- In consultation with County Public Service Board, be responsible for the supervision of the County Counsel and other members of staff of the Office;
- In the performance of the functions and exercise of the power under the office of the County Attorney, the County Solicitor will be responsible for formulating and ensuring implementation of the development of strategies for County Government legal services;
- Support in drafting and Publication of legislative proposals for the County Government;
- Ensure amendments where necessary of County laws;
- Represent the County Government in Court, Tribunals, Commission of inquiry and any other legal proceedings which the County is a party or has interest, other than criminal proceedings and perform any other function conferred on in by law.
- Perform the duties of the Accounting Officer in the office of the County Attorney.
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned by the County Attorney;
Requirements and competencies for appointment: –
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from a recognized University;
- Be an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya of not less than five (5) years post-administrative experience
- Must satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
- A master’s in law will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in records of relevant laws and professional standards.
- Undertaking legal research and provide sound advisory briefs on legal matters to the County Government
- Published refereed legal journals
- Ensuring Compliance with principles and values of good governance, human rights, transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons for the positions are requested to make their applications online and send their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card in a Zipped folder through the Board email: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday, 5th April, 2021 by 5.00pm.(East African Time). Important information to all candidates;
- Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.