Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
REF: TUR/CPSB/002/2020/2021: DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT SERVICES JOB GROUP ‘R’, ONE (1) POST
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- Innovation and design of Supply Chain Management strategies and translating them into policies;
- Introduction of systems that will facilitate effective and efficient management of Supply Chain functions.
- Provision of guidance on the Supply Chain Management policy matters to County Departments and Institutions;
- Developing a regulatory framework and standards; updating existing rules and regulation in line with the changing environment such as laws and related statutes;
- Coordination of the administration of Schemes of Services for Supply Chain Management personnel;
- Implementation of Public Procurement and Disposal Act,2005 and other statues, rules and regulations and ensuring adherence to the laid down procedure, rules and regulations;
- Analyzing the impact of Supply Chain Management policies, rules and regulation;
- Advising the Accounting Officer on Supply Chain Management standards;
- Assisting in procurement, planning and budget preparation;
- Advising state corporations in the County Department on Supply Chain Management matters and interpreting of other laws and statutes that impact on supply chain Management matters;
- Initiating policy review on procedures, rules and regulations and ensuring preparation of procurement plans in the County Department;
- Operationalization of e-government procurement strategies and inventory management;
- Advising on outsourcing of the procurement and disposal functions and other goods and services;
- Participating in development and preparation of specific County Departmental procurement and inventory manuals;
- Proving guidelines on safety and security in storage and ensuring timely disclosure of information on procurement and awarded contracts, ensuring cordial supplier relationships;
- Preparing budgets and work plain: developing and reviewing performance targets and agreements;
- Participating in negotiations with suppliers of goods, works and services; reviewing of contracts documents; mainlining of professional standards and practices in the procurement functions;
- Dissemination of market and financial information;
- Participation in project design and implementation and designing of training programmers for supply chain management personnel;
Requirements and competencies for appointment: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: -Purchasing and Supply Management, Business Administration (Supply chain management/Procurement Option), Commence, Logistics and Supply Chain Management or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- A member of a recognized Purchasing and Supplies Management Professional body
- Work experience of ten (10) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service;
- Attended Senior Management Course lasting at least four (4) months at a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following fields; Purchasing and Supply Management, Logistics, Business Administration (Supply chain management/Procurement Option), Commerce, Entrepreneurship, law or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the Supply Chain Management issues and emerging Supply Chain Management trends and techniques.
- High degree of professional and administrative competence in work performance and results;
- Personal integrity, a strong commitment to openness, honesty and demonstrating tolerance and capacity to inspire trust in other;
- Personal responsibility and willingness to accept responsibility for own actions and outcome; and
- A thorough understanding of national goals, policies and programs and ability to translate then supply chain management.
Method of application
Interested and qualified persons for the positions are requested to make their applications online and send their CVs, copies of certificates, testimonials and identity card in a Zipped folder through the Board email: firstname.lastname@example.org so as to reach the undersigned on or before Monday, 5th April, 2021 by 5.00pm.(East African Time). Important information to all candidates;
- Applicants are advised to apply for only one position
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
N/B Youth, Women and Persons Living with disability (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.