Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To provide technical support to implementation of Climate Resilient Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture Project (hereafter referred to as UPA) in Kenya for TMG Research.
- Contribute to providing technical and strategic support to the design and implementation of the UPA work program.
- Provide meaningful insights into Kenya UPA-related scene, identify, and approach potential partners and contribute to in-depth scoping exercise.
- Support establishment and maintenance of partnerships with organizations relevant to the UPA project in Kenya.
- Participate in qualitative research for innovations: social, organizational, technological, product/services, business models and marketing etc., for sustainable UPA, including a focus on missing links/gaps for successful implementation as well as on possible resistance.
- Engage in hands-on qualitative research on the ground, establish and refine research tools, questionnaires, assessment tools, MEL, analyze data, establish and refine participatory tools, write reports and publications.
- Engage in networking activities on the ground, including the establishment of a local consortium (“steering committee”) and expert pool.
- Facilitate the exchange of expertise with the overarching advisory board, Nairobi local steering committee and expert pool and the TMG teams.
- Support design, implementation, analysis and writing of research protocols.
- Undertake literature reviews to support UPA research work.
- Support monitoring of progress of UPA research assignments and coordination of information between partners.
- Support in strategically positioning the project in the relevant (policy) debates through various types of publications and events.
- Support outreach activities (social media, website, blogs, etc.)
- Contribute to the further strategic and scientific development of TMG Research.
- Assist in organization of events and workshops.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by line manager.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following areas: agriculture, environmental studies, urban planning, community development or similar.
- 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using software tools, like MS Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to personally conduct research in the informal settlements.
- Demonstrated experience and analytical tools in the field of qualitative research
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
This position is remunerated on Local Terms and the duty station will be in Nairobi – Kenya. The appointment will be for an initial period two (2) years renewable, subject to a six (6) months’ probation period.