Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Driver G2, Nairobi (141326)
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide and the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Why Join WFP
In Somalia, the World Food Programme provides food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, and relief through the hard work of more than 500 employees who contribute to making Somalia hunger-free in close partnership with local partners.
This position is open to qualified Kenyan candidates. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Sr. Administration Associate and overall supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer, the incumbent will undertake the following:
- Provide reliable driving services by using assigned transport means for the transport of authorized WFP staff members, officials, visitors, goods, documents, mail and other items as per UN safety and security rules and regulations.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry points and provide basic assistance, including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language as well as support with customs/immigration formalities where necessary.
- Responsible for day to day operation, cleanliness and maintenance of the assigned vehicle; checks oil, fuel, water, battery, brakes, tyres.
- Maintain a daily log of all journeys made recording mileage, date, passengers, odometer readings, fuel consumption, oil changes etc.
- Safeguard vehicle security (door locks, security-locks) etc. Monitor the security and serviceability of WFP assets (communications equipment, antennas).
- Safeguard and account for a range of basic tools, including spanners, flat and star screwdrivers, allen keys, flashlight, spare fuses, towlines, jumper cables, hand winch, tyre repair kits.
- Identify any apparent problems during field missions/deliveries and report them to the supervisor.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in administration or related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record.Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans, trucks and other kinds of motorized vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable..
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Swahili is a requirement.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
• Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
• Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
• Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
• Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
• Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
• Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Terms and Conditions
Contract Duration: 1 Year (initial)
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment.
For this vacancy, priority consideration will be given to qualified internal candidates.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.