Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have cultivated 1,000+ software engineers from Emerging Markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of development teams at over 200+ tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative and Serena Ventures.
And we are just getting started.
All of our people live and breathe our E.P.I.C values:
- Excellence: We are lifelong learners who strive for mastery of our craft
- Passion: We believe we are going to change the world and act accordingly
- Integrity: We choose extraordinary people and then trust them to do the right thing
- Collaboration: We know our sum is greater than our parts
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will work as a Senior Backend Engineer within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer facing products to support Andela’s business needs. Our Andelan Senior Software Engineers epitomize ownership. They take personal responsibility for Andela’s ability to continue to deliver value and build products that are key to helping Andela grow and scale as an organization.
- Use your expert knowledge to deliver complex software solutions that will delight our customers around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Act as a role-model even in the most difficult and challenging situations, using constructive feedback, mentorship and universal respect.
- Build great software while continuously learning and expanding your skill set.
Qualifications and Experience
A minimum of 5 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Deep knowledge of database design, development and processing concepts, e.g query definition, db optimization, schema design, ORM, etc.
- Deep experience in writing raw SQL queries
- Good understanding of analyzing SQL queries for performance improvements
- Familiarity with design and management principles of large scale, secure, cloud based software deployment environments
- Strong working knowledge of application containerization and orchestration techniques
- Deep knowledge of client-server and multi-tier architectures
- Breadth of experience with different automated test strategies (unit/integration/acceptance)
- Working knowledge of Test Coverage and Code Maintainability tools
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact
- Excellent soft skills that enable you to collaborate with your team, and deliver the highest value
- Mentorship experience that helps others in approaching and solving for ambiguous efforts
- Working knowledge of Agile development practices and associated tools
- Understanding of business practices, engineering process, and industry trends
- Expertise with the following specific tools:
- Google Cloud Platform
- GraphQL based webservices
- NestJS application framework
- TypeORM and Postgres
- Modern Angular application development
- Containerization tools, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud based CI/CD tools, CircleCI, CodeClimate
Technologies You’ll Work With
We are building advanced applications using modern tools and technologies. Our platform is Node based. On the backend we have a multi-tier architecture, utilizing PostgreSQL, NestJs, GraphQL, and Typescript. On the frontend we use Angular 10. The platform is deployed to Google Cloud Platform (GCP), using a modern CI/CD pipeline (Docker, Kubernetes, CircleCI, CodeClimate).
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lies in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity.