Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
d.light is a global leader and pioneer in delivering affordable solar-powered solutions designed for the two billion people in the developing world without access to reliable energy. d.light provides distributed solar energy solutions for households and small businesses that are transforming the way people all over the world use and pay for energy. Through four hubs in Africa, China, South Asia and the United States, d.light has sold close to twenty million solar light and power products in 62 countries, improving the lives of over 80 million people. d.light is dedicated to providing the most reliable, affordable and accessible solar lighting and power systems for the developing world and reaching 100 million people by 2020. Vision: d.light envisions a future where everyone is empowered by the freedom and improved quality of life that comes with access to reliable, affordable, clean solar energy. Mission: To create a brighter future by making clean energy products universally available and affordable Goal: Before the end of 2020, d.light will have helped to transform the lives of 100 million people. Values: We live the values of i.HOPE – Innovative, Honest, Optimistic, Passionate and Empathetic
- The job holder will be responsible for all forecasting activities associated with customers and products for Africa VI Markets. The Demand Planner will create and maintain forecast models for all Africa Opcos, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, warehousing, Africa logistics and China operations.The job holder will require skills in forecast modelling, be highly analytical and possess excellent communication skills. R&Rs
- Develop and prepare demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Support Annual Business Planning/monthly forecasting process by driving volume and value forecasting
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
- Regular reporting to Senior and Executive management of the demand plan and KPIs.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and finance to understand demand forecast drivers.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with sales, marketing, finance, Africa logistics and China operations to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs (volume planning for latest estimates / annual process)
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning
- Constantly engage with stakeholders to ensure alignment in lead times, inventory days, liquidation plans and inventory aging.
- Accurate demand forecasting that allows the company to correctly predict inventory requirements.
- Accurate information for supply chain/manufacturer of SKUs.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts of SKUs requirements.
- Accurate performance metrics on opportunities and risks regarding inventory replenishment.
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a degree in business, supply chain and any other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Sound/advance knowledge of Microsoft Excel to analyze the demand planning & forecasting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of demand planning philosophies and processes, and proven record of success
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrate excellent analytical skills with a strategic ability
- Strong mindset for meeting or exceeding expectations and able to demonstrate complete discretion and confidentiality
- Strong people management skills and experience in managing third-party consultancies to achieve deliverables
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with an emphasis on tact and diplomacy
- Passion for social enterprise, development of people and environmental benefits
Method of application
Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com before 9th April 2021. For more details about the opportunities, visit our careers page on our website: www.dlight.com