Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Innovation Manager helps shape the culture and processes required for innovation to succeed in the organization. The Innovation Manager will also manage relationships with external innovation partners such as Universities.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise staff within the innovation unit by providing day to day leadership including managing the department’s budget and performance.
- Maintain an understanding of external competitive digital developments and their impact on our business and innovation strategy;
- Define and prioritize key innovation and research projects across themes and divisions based on a carefully drawn selection criteria.
- Design, develop and manage the research agenda of The Group on key priorities identified.
- Develop and enhance cutting edge research in The Bank based on macro and micro factors and also lead in periodic review of customer trends, products and services.
- Provide market research, analyses and insights into latest industry trends and new innovations that will inform the business strategies.
- Analyze trends and market disruptions and searching for emerging new market opportunities.
- Lead and drive a culture of innovation, actively seeking ways to enhance the capability and performance efficiency, efficacy and success of the Group..
- Orchestrate internal and external idea management processes to generate new ideas to feed into the innovations process.
- Present viable ideas to senior management and seek approval for execution. Provide regular updates on progress to Management.
- Play a key role in building and managing strategic alliances and business partners.
- Develop IP strategies, including IP management, protection and the implementation of technology licensing protocols.
- Cultivate a results-driven CoE by executing meaningful improvements organization-wide.
- Provide direction and oversight in ideation practices, including adoption and resulting impact
- Oversee and manage innovation investments.
- Conduct a regular cadence of communication meetings to detail opportunities, barriers and contingency plans when projects are not within schedule.
- Aggregate business use cases information in order assist leadership to prioritize and manage resources of enterprise.
- Monitor performance of implemented innovative ideas and prepare performance reports.
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality of the Innovation Ideas in line with the Group’s Non-disclosure agreements and best practices as required
- To safeguard and promote the group’s image with the public within the scope of duty.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Insatiable curiosity and hunger to learn
- Deep insight into business and technology in different industries and disciplines
- Leadership: getting people to buy in on a vision
- Analytical skills: ability to look at the world and situations objectively
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Drive to get things done and not overanalyze
- Mental toughness and ability to overcome critique and failure
- Creativity and empathy
- A Bachelor’s degree in an accredited university
- Master’s degree preferred
- Professional qualifications in innovation or strategy related courses.
- 10 years’ experience in product management, banking, strategy and / or innovation.